sweets...

I've been trying to lose 5lbs for a while now.I just have a major sweet addiction.I eat to many sweets each day but everything else is healthy and i workout.Are the sweets really preventing me to lose the weight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Some of the problem is the sweets. Sugar is just as addictive as drugs. Getting off of it is a killer. There is more to losing weight. You need to keep your metabolism as even as possible so your blood sugar level doesn't drop. I went to public library and got some books. If you go to the library, check out the nutrition and the exercise books. Some of the books have menus and tell you the portions you need to eat to help level your metabolism. I am going to change my diet starting Monday. I am unable to do the Atkins Diet. My kidneys hurt when I tried it. The diet and exercises that I am going to try are by Michael Thurmond. He is the dietician and exercise guru on "Extreme Makeover". My dad is borderline diabetic. His doctor suggested the South Beach Diet. He has lost some weight and is continuing to do so. Good luck on controlling that sweet tooth of yours;)
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 9:49 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Depends on what kind of sweets you eat...many are bad b/c of the sugar but are low in fat..like licorice, skittles...crap candy...chocolate on the other hand has a lot of fat but not enough to sabatoge a diet if you're doin everything else right... depends on your metabolism I guess..I have a major sweet tooth too, but those cravings can be met with fruit...I don't limit my chocolate intake though..we all have to have some kind of vice damnit...I notice weight gain with carbs and cheeses tho...dairy sticks to your insides like glue~! Ahh ...I miss cheeeese~!
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 9:57 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Try frozen fruits: grapes, banana, blueberries

Answer by rkoloms at 11:23 AM on Aug. 29, 2009