When is it a good time to switch to a toddler bed?

mamabella17

Asked by mamabella17 at 9:54 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Usually when they start climbing or trying to climb out of the crib....
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 9:58 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Yeah when they start to figure out how to get out the crib all though my son is now 20 months and he never figured out how to so we switched him over like a couple months ago and he loves it..
    mblucky

Answer by mblucky at 10:50 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Oh don't rush this. I thought 2 1/2 for my son but I think I pushed it. He really wasn't trying to climb out so he was not danger. I just thought that is what you did and believe me the next month or so was a fight keeping him in bed. I got to the point I would put up a gate just to keep him in his room and let him fall asleep where ever he did and then later put him in his bed. Now my daughter is 2 1/2 and she is still in a crib and I am leaving here there until she does not fit or climbs out. LOL
    mommy2each

Answer by mommy2each at 11:11 PM on Aug. 28, 2009