My sister is driving me nuts!!

Im 23 and my sister is 19. I love her but, my goodness, I want to smack her into the next century. It has to be about her or her world collapses. When she's in the car with me, she has to mess with the radio, volume, ac....ugh. But what ticks me off is she calls my baby "fat". wtf, my baby is NOT fat. She's chuncky but aren't most babies? I mean, at her 6 month checkup she was in the 50th percentile. She is getting slimmer now that she's crawling and is more mobile. It bugs the crap out of me! Anyone else have friend or family you just want to smack? Should I say something or just let it roll off my back like usual?

It sounds so petty, but it's finally just getting to my breaking point.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• Could it just be her age? I know my youngest son just likes to say and do things that annoy his brother sometimes.......I know that doesn't really help, but she is still young and maybe a little immature?
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:12 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Yes. My little sister is 32 and she annoys me all the time. I do want to smack her almost everytime im around her but I usually bite my tongue and strive to be patient because I dont want to put myself in the same catagory as her. I know its hard to listen to it all the time but remember you have to be the bigger person and hope she grows up soon. I dont think my sister ever will but theres always hope!
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 10:16 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• my sister bugs the crap outta me. she thinks shes all high an mighty about everything. sad thing is shes older then me! by 9 years an yet i think shes an immature brat. id say if your at your breaking point say something, nothing wrong with expressing how you feel.
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 11:59 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• My mom, my MIL, my bio-father, my BIL Jimmy, my little brother... the drama continues. There are more, and even MORE yet of my friends that need a good wake-up call.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:36 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Ever heard the term "baby fat"? It's used for a reason. Most babies that are healthy are filled out nicely. I had one that was born with 3 fat rolls on each leg (and was very healthy). The more exercise they get the more it'll come off, but what's the rush... long as they're healthy it's all good for me. I was the one talking about my babies fat, but not in a bad way. I thought it was adorable. It just shows you're feeding the little one, so when she says it maybe you could just say "yea, the baby's (sorry don't know the name) is chunky... just shows what a good Mama he's got :) People that don't have children just don't understand that some people are sensitive about certain things and some people just don't know that they're being jerks. Witih her age, she's bound to still have some maturity issues (I've still got some and I'm much older than that) so shake it off the best you can. She's young and still dumb :)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:37 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• My SIL is the same way with my 5YO and I never said nething in the past..shell b 26im 24. 2weeks ago I'd had it n reacted n told her to stop acting like a bitch toward my son..she said fuk u... Drove past my house@10:30@night n yelled fuk u bitch. My hub won't see/talk to her..tell her to chill n enjoy the time she's got with yas
    oddballj

Answer by oddballj at 2:03 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I did smack my sister into the next century. I'll do it again if she ever tries to hit one of my kids!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Aug. 29, 2009