• In the Spotlight:

spacing

What do you think is the ideal spacing between the 1st and 2nd child?

crazy4u49033

Asked by crazy4u49033 at 10:30 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• My oldest is 7 years older than my 2nd son, not intentionally, I was told I couldn't have anymore, and it was just 7 years later. Anyway, that was nice because he was so happy to have a brother and was so very helpful with him. That being said, my 2nd and 3rd are just 2 years apart. In some ways that was a lot more work, but in others, we got certain things out of the way pretty much all at once, and they are the very best of friends. There are advantages to close together and further apart.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:34 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• i want to wait 2 1/2 yrs or so and have my 2nd when he is 3. but my hubby wants to have another by the time hes 2.
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 10:42 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• about three and four years between our three kids and almost 8 years from oldest to youngest.

My husband a twin and twins run in my family so we didin't want multiples in diapers unless given multiples which we did not have.

Our kids spaced as they were let us enjoy our kids infancy and toddlerhood without more than one in diapers at once.

We really got to relax and enjoy the most precious part of babies without being overhwelmed with babies. We were overwhelmed with multiple kids and numbers two and three came but not with multliples in diapers.

I suggest enjoying babies as babies and toddlers for what they are - and space if possible about three years or so between kids.

jmo. Obviously tons of moms want mutiples in diapers or there wouldn't be so many like that in families. I knew from my husband and my family that more than one child in diapers and as a toddler is enjoyable but more tiring than just one like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• All 3 of mine are about 18mo. apart. I love it even though right now it is A LOT of work!!! I have 3 boys under 4. It all depends on what you want to do. Right now i have 2 in diapers and its a pain sometimes, but my middle son has Special Needs. The good thing is they both can now wear the same size diapers. This was my DH and my chice to have our children this close together. I knew it would not be easy while they were young, but it does get easier and soon i will have 3 helpers:) The choice is totally up to you guys. It all depends on what your expectations are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• mine are 2 yrs apart i want another on e in hopefully 2010
    SIMPLYDABEZT

Answer by SIMPLYDABEZT at 4:26 PM on Aug. 29, 2009