Has anyone ever been prescribed prometrium? For What? Help!

I have been having the worst dysfuntional bleeding over 7 1/2 + weeks. Off for 10 days and now another 18 long Heavy unbearable Days! I got this 'script! Being Ill, Depressed & jobless is hard. My DH, SIL, DD., today & me all jobless!! Any Way the 'script from Walmart for one Week Was $ 53.00! Wow! That Hurt Bad!! Curious is anyone tried it & if it Helped? I'm Beyond Sad, Depressed & run down! Any comments on this would be so appreciated! Thank you!!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 10:35 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Health

• I take Prometrium. It's a form of progesterone. For me it's to help protect the lining of my uterus. Your bleeding might be from uterine fibroids. I have those as well. Does your prometrium make you drunk like? lol, I don't drink but when I take my prometrium I have to go straight to bed or it's like I'm drunk!!!!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:39 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I started taking prometrium to get my period, then I will be getting my blood drawn to check my hormone levels. I haven't had my period in 2 months. It makes me tired and it feels like a hang over when I wake up. I just want to figure out why I'm not getting my period. We are done having children. I am 32 years old.
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 2:52 PM on Aug. 31, 2009