Need Ideas To Host a Party -Please Help

---Okay so I have an idea to get all my gal pals together, and have some type of Need-A-Break Party at my place. Here's the catch some of my gal pals are out there party gals and some are more reserved and are now mommies, like me.
---I am going to get maybe 2 babysitters to watch the kids for the moms that had to bring their kids with them so that way they can still enjoy themselves.
---Here's the problem, I have an extreme mix of friends so I do not know what type of games and activities to do to where the gathering is just full of fun. I NEED IDEAS!!

JoeyDiva

Asked by JoeyDiva at 10:43 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Entertainment

• I guess alot depends on what type of party you were thinking. I did something like this and I did a home spa party. I found recipes for facials, pedis, and manicures and got the ingrediants and we all just pampered ourselves. I had wine, martini's and beer. I also had finger foods (everyone brought a tray to share) and I did a chocolate fountain with items that they could dip. Another idea could be something like a game you might create like what is on your mind about the opposite sex. Come up with a variety of topics, questions or quotes that would get everyone started on different topics and let out either their frustrations or desires. I don't know if you are interested in a home party like candles or passion parties so depending what YOUR mood is basis it around that. If you need to vent about a specific topic or subject make a game out of it to also help you relax.
    mommy2each

Answer by mommy2each at 10:55 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Depending on how many people you're talking about, you could always set up a couple of different "stations" so that folks of a like temperament can gather doing things that are more suited to their likes.

For example, you could have a "mani-pedi" area in the kitchen (good lighting and easier to get polish off your floor there than on the carpet!) and a Video Gaming station in the living room (probably the drinkers) and a fondue station in the dining area, for example.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:41 AM on Aug. 29, 2009