Ever feel like your stuck in a rut? Ever since Im a stay at home mom I feel like everyday is the same & I feel like ok now what do we do today?? (my son is 2) I feel bored, I get upset when he doesn't nap I just feel like the worst mom for feeling this way Maybe I'm missing my life before kids & now have no time for myself ( I'm also 8 months pregnant) & worried how will I handle 2, Maybe I'm depressed & don't know it, anyone else feel like this?? : (

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• If you didn't feel like this, you would be abnormal. What you are feeling is all perfectly normal. It's also something you will have to adjust to once the new baby gets here. Once you are a mom and you chose to stay at home, you will and need to settle into a routine. This will help your life and the childrens' lives stay settled. It's okay. You might get bored, especially when they are napping or after bedtime. But always remember, they just don't stay little for long.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:00 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I dont really know, because Im not a stay at home mom. I went back to work when my daughter was 2 mths old, but Im a teacher so I am out for the summer and this summer I went crazy being home all day with my dd.
    Have you tried making a routine for yourself, kinda like a daycare. Like have a nap time, a art time, a story time so that it becomes routine and it keeps the kid active. This summer I was very busy, I had my daughter in storytime at the local library every Tuesday and she had free gym day or thursdays and mondays and art class at Gymboree on Fridays and swim lessons on Saturdays. On the days we didnt do anything I would take her to the park, out to eat, to the mall or even find an art project or something for her to do. You have to keep yourself busy because it will get harder with two babies.
    Do you ever get some free time. Like going to a movie or out to dinner with your friends.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 11:00 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I feel this way sometimes. I love being a stay at home mom, always here when my son needs me, but there are days when we get bored. I like to take him special places (cheap ones, though!) The library, a park, anywhere! Sometimes doing the same puzzles and playing bubbles all day can get old. I try to remember that one day (probably sooner than I want) he won't want or need me to spend that time playing the same old boring stuff and try to just enjoy it.
    I'm pregnant too, so I'm sure the hormones play a part in making us feel even worse about it. Like right now, I'm so big and exhausted all the time that sometimes I just can't get down on the floor and play like I know he wants me to. So I feel kind of guilty about that.
    stykir

Answer by stykir at 11:24 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I work full time, and I'm in a rut. Somedays I like my rut, other days not so much. Such is life.
    mars33me

Answer by mars33me at 11:28 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I know I was surely feeling this way today! Maybe it's just me but did you post another question as well? Sounds similar to one I just answered. Anyways...I do hope things will get better for you. There are so many times I'm just trying to get through another day. One thing I find frustrating is that so many of my friends and ppl I know can AFFORD to send their kids to special activities several times a week. I don't have that option...I'm not a preschool teacher either, or and activity specialist. Sometimes I just don't feel cut out trying to keep my kids entertained every friggen day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Aug. 29, 2009