tear in uterus

ok the doc siad there is a very small tear in my uterus from the sperm going in and my mother siad that only happened with the boys she had not girls has anyone had this happen? was it a girl or a boy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had a tear in my uterus. It was from implantation. We thought I miscarried that's how bad the bleeding was. I was put on bed rest for 6weeks and then once everything checked out fine I was good to go. 0o0o and I had a boy :)
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 11:25 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• a tear in your uterus from the sperm going in? Sorry but I have to lol

That is the CRAZIEST thing I have heard in a LONG time! The sperm goes thru your cervix into you uterus so I dont get how a tear could possibly happen! its not like they go in with much force
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 10:58 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Have you had bleeding or spotting? Sometimes that happens when the baby implants in your uterus because it does literally burrow into it. Maybe that's what he was talking about?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:00 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I agree. I think there was a misunderstanding between you and your doctor. He SURELY meant implantation, because "the sperm going in" doesn't make a lick of sense!

Regardless, it has NOTHING to do with your baby's gender.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 3:45 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• The sperm travel to the egg that's in the fallopian tube to fertilize. Then the fertilized egg travels to the uterus and attaches ("implants") in the uterus.
    The sperm shouldn't have anything to do with the uterus directly~ I guess I don't quite understand this.

How did you doctor determine you have a tear, what will he/she do about it?
    How did your mother discover this with each of her pregnancies?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:23 PM on Aug. 29, 2009