Contractions caused by heat?

So today was 98 out most of the day and we went out walking a bit out side. Not too long because it was so hot and had water with us. But after the little bit of walking I started hurting from contractions. Then because I had promised my daughter I took her swimming later. By then it was around 90. We took water then too and it was to an out door pool. I started having a little more painful contractions. Nothing strong enough that I couldn't talk threw it but a few that I had to stop a minute. Could it be caused by the heat? I am 39 weeks. Oh and it slowed down as soon as I came in to the cool house.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Prob b/c you were active and a little overheated! keep drinking water. You sound like me a day before my son was born! I had contractions while out walking and doing things, but they slowed when I can in. You're prob close!!!! YEA!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 11:01 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Yes,it sounds like it was a heat thing.
    The body is pretty amazing! It is fine-tuned to tell us when it's not happy. Sounds like your contractions were caused by you being overheated (and probably dehydrated, too.)

You should be sure to increase your water when you start contracting to rule out dehydration as a cause. They say a rule of thumb is to change your situation when you're contracting to be able to test for True Labor.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:03 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Could be the heat, but I'd bet more on the activity level of your body. I always contract if I take a walk, climb the stairs, get out of my seat suddenly, etc. I'm 37 weeks.

But yes, be sure to keep yourself VERY hydrated when it's hot! Dehydration can also cause contractions.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 3:18 AM on Aug. 29, 2009