Anyone else feel overwhelmed with their toddler? You have no time for yourself, constantly picking up things, tired all the time, when I was working was less work than staying home I hope this gets better I feel bitter

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have an almost 3 yr old and 16 month old and I feel like I pick up toys 20 times a day.....I agree, there are good and bad days...and yes the hubbys don't get it....they see the mess when they get home but they don't realize that you did actually clean house at some point..it just didn't stay that way...I do feel overwhelmed and sometimes lose my cool and get depressed because it is the same everyday and think what the hell was I thinking, but like tonight when the babies were being so sweet to me and each other I think maybe it will be ok...don't get discouraged..
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 11:21 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• What? You feel bitter about what? Life will get better, they outgrow this stage before ya know it. However, let me tell ya, I thought it was truly better when they were little. Sometimes, we forget when they become adults and start having lives of their own, if something happens (God forbid), guess what??? They are still our responsibilities. Sorry, but remember, he will be in school in just a few years.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:03 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• OMG... YES.. it's aweful at times but then you have your good days, but the bad ones are just so bad.. then your hubby comes home and does not even get it... they make it 10 times harder on you, so yes been there done that.. but just remember.. this too shall pass.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Yes, I have been there, and now that he's 2-1/2 y/o we have been starting to have a lot better days as far as him playing while I am cleaning, he "helps" with dishes and laundry (and it isn't too much of an added chore on me) whereas in the past it wasn't much "help" for him to "help". But now, he really is helpful around the house! I try to "reward" us by getting out of the house regularly, and find that this is much easier now that we "travel lighter", I don't have to carry a diaper bag, etc. We have been where you are, but I promise that in a few weeks/months, it will be SO much better, and they are SO worth it. Just know that you aren't alone, Mama, and come vent anytime! We'll support you! It's a hard job, that's why WE are the ones doing it, LOL!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 11:14 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• It does get better. I have 3 ds's. They are 11, 7 and 2. The last 2 months, I told my dh that I quit. If the house was a mess so what. I would clean up 1 room. They would come behind me and mess up 2 rooms. I was so frustrated. My 2 oldest are back in school. I can now keep the house clean until they get home. My youngest gets into everything. I feel like I am constantly picking up after him. He is the one that has to see how everything works. I on my 3rd box of baking soda, my 3rd tube of toothpaste and my 2nd bottle of carpet cleaner. (He rubbed grape jam all over his naked body, and then jumped off of the chair. He sprawled on my just cleaned carpet. He rubbed the jam on 1 of the cushions on a wicker chair. I have cleaning burn out. I have to tell myself that he is just going through a phase. Hang in there.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 11:14 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• My 2 1/2 year is exhausting, this is how deal with it. I try to get up a little before her so I can have my cup of tea in peace. She takes a 2 hour nap so that is my time to get some stuff done, well for now I am 9 months pregnant so it is usually nap time for me too. She goes to bed at 10pm then it is time for me and my husband if he is not working. I also don't worry about my house being clean 24/7, if a few things do not get done it is no big deal. When I get irritated, I think that next year at this time she'll be in preschool and I'll miss her so much.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 11:18 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• oh totally i found the easiest way to deal with my toddler is that i take him out everday somewere or for a walk to try and really tucker him out if i need a break that way he takes a long solid nap and i get a break. his nap is as much for me as it is for him! it does get easier, i think haha. a solid rutine really helps me cuz that way things get done every day and its just less work than doing it on the fly. good luck! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 11:36 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Hmmm...I have a five year old and it's still like this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Aug. 28, 2009