silly question lol

Is it possible for your baby to drop and then move back up? lol, I'm sorry if this is a completely idiotic question...

I dropped a few weeks ago, I could tell cuz I could breathe again, my ribs weren't crushed anymore and I felt a lot of pressure in my pelvis and on my bladder. This lasted until just recently...now my ribs are feeling tight again, my breathing is a little more difficult but I still have the pressure down there....why is this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Baby got bigger. :)
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:22 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• oh wow, duh. sorry, stupid question !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• my dd did this all the time. She never actually engaged in the pelvis though, and the dr said she was trying to drop but didn't have the room ( I had to have a c-section because my pelvis was too narrow for her head to fit through) I constantly thought she was dropping, but she never actually did.
    reava

Answer by reava at 11:51 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• In the last few weeks the baby grows ALOT. Tell that baby to get out of your ribs, haha. :-)
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 12:47 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• could it be that baby is just in a better position? With my 2nd I was extremely uncomfortable for a time, short of breath, etc. I was at the dr at 36 weeks and he was breach. she booked me for an ultrasound 5 days later. The night before the u/s I could barely stand myself, he was moving up a storm. All of a sudden I could suddenly breath and I wasn't in pain anymore. I didn't figure it out until the u/s the next day which showed he was head down. So basically the night before he'd packed up and moved locations...he was too big to be breech and it probably was as uncomfortable for him as it was for me.
    he wasn't born for another 5.5 weeks, he was 9.5 lbs and I'm grateful he didn't decide to turn back around.
    Six_on_my_own

Answer by Six_on_my_own at 12:48 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Yep, I had a couple of dropping "false alarms" with my son. I looked lower a couple of times, breathing got easier, all that, then he'd jump (well, not really jump, but you know) back up. Didn't REALLY drop until my water broke.
    The easier breathing could be the baby moving to a position where his/her feet aren't in your ribs (for the time being). When your belly drops, you will be able to tell the difference. We had mirrored closet doors on the way from our bedroom to the master bath, and so I would walk by every morning, and I got familiar with where my belly normally was, so when it would get lower, I noticed for sure. But it got very low when the water broke!! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:45 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• no question said is a stupid question... it is only a stupid question if you never ask it...
    and i would say baby is getting bigger :)
    sunshine89

Answer by sunshine89 at 8:08 AM on Aug. 29, 2009