What to get a 2 year old for his birthday?

I really like the step 2 roller coaster, but i was on ebay and found that they make something called a music in motion roller coaster. I was wondering if anyone has either of these and if you prefer one or the other. I was thinking that it might just be better to get the regular or extreme roller coaster so he gets more use out of it because the other only goes in a circle, but its battery operated. Just need some advice, don't want to spend that much money on something he will barely use.

mamagoose718

Asked by mamagoose718 at 11:25 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Why not get him something that he can grow into instead? Like the lightning mcqueen power wheels or the little car that has a handle for you to push him and as he gets older you can remove that and he can ride it around himself. Just a thought! Hope the birthday is fantastic!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• we'd like to get our dd the little people ride on car- I think its the circus one. you can attach little people to it and scoot around. I've never heard of the toy you're talking about so I can't comment. my dd is 16 and little people is her big thing, but she def. has a lot of room to grow with them, and gifts that grow with them are great! oh we also just got her a sit-on stuffed animal from Sams for only $25. They have lions, tigers, elephants and dinosaurs and kids can sit on them up to 140lbs. They're a big hit in my playgroup and something that encourages imagination as they get older. That's all I got :) OH- little people sets are common at thrift stores and just as great for like $3
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 11:33 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I have an older son, so we already have a lot of those things. We have almost every little people play thing made, both of my kids love them. My oldest has the lightning mcqueen electric car, and my youngest has an electric scooter. Everything that i have thought of, we got of my oldest when he turned 2. We got the kitchen set, the swing set, the sandbox. Just need something different.
    mamagoose718

Answer by mamagoose718 at 11:37 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I want to get my DS his play kitchen set. His B-day is JUST after the winter holidays so if he gets that from the grandparents, we will get him one pricey toy. I'm all for simple and quality over quantity.
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 11:37 PM on Aug. 28, 2009