Is anyone else SICK of hearing everyone trash President Obama???

I spent the greater part of the past 8 years angry and trashing "W"...so maybe it's just a case of "the other side" gets a turn...but I just don't think this prez compares in less than a year to be generating the hate speech that seems to flow, especially on CafeMom!
Can we get a little Obama love please???

boomamma

Asked by boomamma at 11:31 PM on Aug. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• ...YES!!!
    egriffin1231

Answer by egriffin1231 at 11:32 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Nope. I think if there is something that warrants trashing, he should get every little bit of it. It comes with the job, and if he can't handle criticism, public life is not for him.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I will always respect the office of the president. I don't have to "love" the person in that office. I would, if needed, defend that office from hostile take-over by a foreign government. I am not required to love person in the office as long as US citizens are excersing their right to disagree and complain. I don't think there has ever been a president who didn't draw complaints. This is probably the first one, though, who seems to get the "be nice to him because he is the first black American president" pass on complaints. If he can't take the complaints, get another job.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:36 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Iam getting sick of the bashing going on here at CM. He doesn't deserve it. He won't know how the Moms here feel, OBVIOUSLY...HA...so don't worry about it, anon :32....but I am sick of the lies and trashing of our President.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• I <3 Obama :)
    It's pretty pitiful when people (read: angry Republicans/right-wing Christians...) have to resort to ridiculous lies because they can't find anything real to complain about. Not a citizen, really? "Death panels?" Come on, people, learn how to read, and stop with the blind belief.
    Hooray Barrack!
    MamaToLucas

Answer by MamaToLucas at 11:43 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• OOOOKKKAAYYYY. I would LOVE for him to admit he is totally unfit for the job. I would LOVE for him to resign.

How's that?          blowing kisses

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:43 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• You ladies are free to leave cafemom or the country for that matter if you don't like what you hear about oblablahablhaaa...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• He is just as idiotic as Bush if not more (example Obama's Primary care doctors remove tonsils speech vs. Bush's Gyno love speech).Yeah Obama is just as moronic. You don't like the Obama dissing don't read it the end.
    Anonymous

• I have ALWAYS respected the "OFFICE" of president, and like one of the PP, I don't always like the person in office or the admin...but I just don't see how Obama has deserved half of what he is getting. I do think there is sympathy...but not because he is black...because he was our relief from tyranny! I don't agree with everything his office has done, but I am not ready to "bash" him and I think the "Nazzi" comments thrown his way are as preposterous as it comes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Don't worry anon :37, if I have a complaint about him, this isn't the only place I take it.

As for him not deserving it, well, I disagree. It's just proof that you can't please everyone all of the time. I don't complain about everything he does, but I have a fundamental difference of opinion from our President, and so do countless others. If I don't like something our government is doing, I can exercise my freedoms to speak out against the actions of my government.  Even if I didn't vote for him (which I never would have), the decisions he makes effect my family and I and speaking out is the most patriotic thing I can do. Don't like it? Guess what, you don't have to. The constitution doesn't give you the right to not be offended.

Anonymous