It's our 5th wedding anniversary this September...what "WOOD" gift/themed gift can you think of?

I like to stick to the traditional anniversary gift chart...and this year is "wood". I'd like to come up with something creative but we DON'T have much money to go around, so no "buy him a boat" or anything LOL.
Thank you!

boomamma

Asked by boomamma at 12:12 AM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Shopping

• heeheehee...my mind went straight in the gutter...sorry. LOL

Does he like wildlife? The have pieces of tree trunk with a picture burned or etched on the front that looks really neat if you like that sort of thing....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Lol...you said wood....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• How about a big piece of sanded wood shaped like a heart with both of your names carved into it? and the day you two met carved into it too.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 12:21 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• oh i love that idea, the wood sanded down and carved w/your initials.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:25 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• How about one of those wooden name plaques for your front porch... You know the ones that say "Smith" nicely carved into the wood
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 12:46 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• oooo....firethearson...I LOVE that idea!
    We have a lot of picture frame-type things...but I think a family plaque type thing might be perfect....
    Keep 'em commin'!

boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 9:41 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• You could go to a store that personlaizes and find a nice wooden box and have his initials carved on it. Or a wooden valet tray to go on your bedroom dresser, they are nice to store his wallet and pocket change.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 1:51 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• does he have a hammer? sorry I am not as creative as some of the other ladies, and a wooden handle hammer is all I could think of. um...does he smoke? like a box of cigars, they would come in a wooden humidor. maybe find a wooden chess set, or backgammon thingy. OH! you said no boats, but what about a boat model? Ok i found a site http://marriage.suite101.com/article.cfm/fifth_wedding_anniversary_gifts_and_ideas

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:20 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• i like the wooden plaques that go above the bed that say "always kiss me goodnight"
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:27 PM on Sep. 2, 2009