Cord Blood how much does it cost best sites?

with my first child i didn't have the means to reasearch the cord blood aspect of how much it costs etc... i recently found out that it could possibly help my son as well as my family members and this is something that i am looking for for my next baby, so my question being how much does it cost has anyone else done it? The best websites for the best info?

Bluesdawg02

Asked by Bluesdawg02 at 12:20 AM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• With our 1st baby we didn't know about cord blood banking, but with our 2nd we got info from my OB in our "welcome packet". We chose a public bank where they take your baby's cord blood and bank it for anyone to use. It was EXTREMELY costly to bank it privately and we certainly didn't have the means to pay for it on the "what if" chances of us needing it. We thought it might benefit someone else. There may be a child out there who was able to use my daughter's stem cells and it has possibly saved his or her life. The chances are slim that if your baby is healthy, that they would actually contract some disease and need those stem cells. REMEMBER THIS: These people are in business!! It is their goal to make as much money as possible. Think of them as an insurance company. They play on new parents' fears that something could go wrong with their child. What new parent doesn't fear that? So research carefully.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 10:54 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/lateClamping.html
    http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/cordIssues.html
    IMO, babies need all of that blood.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 1:15 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• If you can't afford to bank the blood, consider allowing the cord to stop pulsing before cutting it. That way, baby starts out life w/ all the benefits of that cord blood.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 3:15 AM on Aug. 29, 2009