potty training help/question..

My daughter has been out of diapers for about a month or two. She was GREAT, no accidents at all..now all of a sudden she's been having accidents..once a day..(closer to bed time.) I have no idea what to do. Should I start giving her rewards to show her that she should pee and poo in the potty? I know she knows that it's wrong. I've been putting her in time out..I am at a loss. This is only the 3rd night *in a row* What's the proper thing to do for an almost 3 year old?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I have a son so it was a little different but I do know this, dont push it too much or stress her out because it tends to backfire, now im not saying dont encourage but dont make it a bad experence. I used the reward system which worked okay, but when it came down to it my son did it when he was ready to do it , and hasn't looked back since and he was 3 and a half. Each child is different and it takes a while to get potty going down, dont worry momma she'll get it, just take a deep breath and go with it. And maybe too if its bothering you the accidents are at bedtime cut off her liquid intake earlier like a hour before bed and have her go potty after that.
    82ndairbornewif

Answer by 82ndairbornewif at 12:59 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• If time out don't work, maybe try taking o way from her what she likes the most, maybe like a toy or treat, I know it sounds mean but they have to learn, just a suggestion.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:01 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• my dd did that for a while too, once a day, later in the day, but it only happend for about 3 days.. i think she just went through a faze of getting a lil to busy for her own good & might have been a bit lazy to go potty.. lol....
    shes sensitive so it really bothered her & upset her when she made a mess so in a few days it stopped..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:10 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Once they KNOW how to go on the potty, there is no need to reward them for doing it anymore. Especially if it's established. If she seems to be doing it just to be defiant, then yes, some form of discipline should be in order. But if she seems to be doing it accidentally, then maybe just step back and evaluate things. Remind her more often in the evenings about going to the bathroom when she feels like she has to go.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 3:30 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Put a potty beside her bed and dont give her anything to drink about an hour before bedtime. Good luck!
    SugarBE

Answer by SugarBE at 8:28 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Do you know about the time she has the accidents? Maybe if they are around the same time you could sit her on the potty and play games with her till she goes potty. :)
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 2:58 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• All kids are differnt my 4 year old learned at early 2 and no accidents and my 3 yr old still has accidents. I like to keep the potty as close as possible. I potty trained my 1st one with Lollipops! try a treat she really likes!
    Krissy-

Answer by Krissy- at 5:46 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• try to praise you child every time she goes children respond well to that and if she has accidents its normal when my son was having accident i cut his fluid intake talk to him and now he is 3 1/2 and he always get excited and tell me he didnt pee it takes time and i still get up in the middle of the night to take him so just relax

quinn24

Answer by quinn24 at 8:13 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Try asking her when going near the bathroom more frequently. Or just putting her up on the toilet and see if anything happens.
    HollyLucination

Answer by HollyLucination at 4:16 AM on Sep. 3, 2009