How much do you tip your pizza delivery driver?

Honestly, bias aside, I've never given less than a $5.00 tip. Unless i gave a $20 and the bill was $15.86 or something I'd just let them keep the change.

It doesn't have to be delivery drivers, what about waitresses, and beauticians?

mumma28

Asked by mumma28 at 12:29 AM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I usually do about 15 to 20 percent of my bill if i get my hair done and it's like 130.00 i try like 15.00 on that one. the pizza guy usually gets about 3.00, because they have a delivery charge on my bill that they get paid as well. the waitress gets 15 to 20 percent if she absolutely sucks she gets a dollar per person at the table, but you gotta really piss me off to do that.
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 12:37 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I try to give $1 for every $5. More if they did a good job. less if they were horrible. But my husband was a pizza delivery driver when I met him, so I try to tip them well.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:33 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Like $2. He drove like 5 minutes and carried a pie to my door. I tip waitresses better, though, because they have to be nice whereas a driver just has to say "here's your pizza ma'am" and "thanks."
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:35 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I know that the drivers around here make $7.50/hr, and working at a college-educated career job, I make $9.75? I know they can get mileage and can write of vehicular maintenace partially on their taxes. I usually only do $1-2.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:38 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Just so you know.... The delivery charge , half goes to the company, half (like $1.50) the employee.
    Alot of delivery drivers, do more than just carry your "pie' to the door. They probably made the pie, the salad, AND the sub you wanted, got into Their car, which they spent $2.59 or more a gallon in gas, not to mention extra maintenence expenses due to extra wear and tear (such as a rock going thru your windshield), they have to drive sometimes 4 or 5 miles at a time AND try and FIND your house in your twisted little sudivision, in the rain, or the snow, sleet, hail, burning hot (with no a/c) all for (small companies) $5.50 an hour. hungry Howies makes $7.50.
    Do you wash industrial dishes, mop floors, scrub tables, stand for hours in front of a hot oven at your college educated job?
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:48 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• no one anywhere gets less than $5 unless service is awful. i was a waitress for 5 years and its not fun to have to live off tips, even when you are dam good at what you do some people are stingy so i never tip less than $5. twice in my life have i tipped less and it was at the same restaurant each time and both servers didn't get a tip at all b/c the service was awful, to the point where i waited 15 mins to be greeted in an empty place, if the food wasn't great wouldn't go at all
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:48 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• for delivery- It depends how far they came. This one chinese place 3 neighborhoods/towns away brings stuff here and I give like $8 tip. There is a pizza place 3 blocks away and I order delivery when I don't have my car, they get $3 tip.

If I get a good waitress I give $5 if the bill is under$30

When I get my nails done I give $2
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 1:24 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• well I did not tell you to get that job! I don't force you to work for $3.75 a hour (waitress in mass!). but I do understand you are out there working you are trying to support your famly and that I will give you what I can afford, I have a family too! I did not choose a job were I make $3.75. I choose a job were I make $12.22 a hour. anyways I tip around $4 but if your good talk to my children you may get $6/
    pizza.. lol.. they know were i live I better be nice.. lol.. nope they get about 2-3 tip.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 1:27 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• 2 dollars. I got charged for a delivery, and he gets a salary.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• i dont tip the pizza delivery guy for 1 reason...HES MY HUSBAND!!! LOL he helps a friend out on the weekends that owns a pizza place near our home.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 7:43 PM on Aug. 29, 2009