non-drop rail low height crib

so with our first son i always woke him up putting him in his crib becuase it was to tall for me to put him in without first lifting him up and then down im only like 5'4 5
5 ish so im trying to find a crib that doesnt have drop rails and is low profile or whatever you want to call it where the front side is lower and the mattress just has lower postions if anyone has any recommendations i would love to hear them thanks

volsmomma22

Asked by volsmomma22 at 12:48 AM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Get one with drop rails. I've never seen a "no drop" one that is lower. They are the height they are for a reason.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11974337

This is the one I have. It sits very low to the ground and the curved side makes it easy to lean over. It was actually too low for hubby, (he's 6'2!) so we got some bed lift things to go under it. The lowest setting is fairly low so hard to lay a sleeping baby one, but it's that way for a reason. The higher settings worked well for me. I'm 5'4.

The one below also has a curved side so might work well for you too. It also comes in differet color finishes.
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6005136
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I have the same one as the previous poster. Its really good for shorter moms. I'm only 5' and i can put her in and out without waking her.

Good Luck.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 10:25 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• drop rail cribs are that height because they have always made them that way except now they are trying to stop making drop rail cribs alltogether beucase of infant deaths and injuries related to the dropping rails. non-drop rails height are just as safe beucause the matress sets lower into the crib but its still easier to put them in because you can actually bend at the waist and therefore bend further.
    volsmomma22

Answer by volsmomma22 at 9:20 PM on Aug. 29, 2009