When is it time to start 2nd stage baby food?

My son is 6 1/2 mos old, and I was wondering when I could start the 2nd step babyfoods? They look so much more tasty

KatyConrad

Asked by KatyConrad at 2:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hello.

My son is 5 months and we already started 2nd stage foods. He love them!! We have found that he gets more out of them (seems less hungry all the time). We needed a food that would stay with him a bit longer than the 1st stage foods and so far so good! He has no problem with them at all! Good luck ;-)
    stteens

Answer by stteens at 2:38 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• 2nd foods are intriduced after your baby is eating well from a spoon and has tried all the single ingridient foods to rule out allergies. I think texture wise 2nd foods are a little bit heavier, but not by much.. They just mix more than 1 ingridient and add meats and deserts. ( Gerber )
    newmommyy322

Answer by newmommyy322 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I think I waited until I thought my daughter was content with 1st foods and had tried a variety as well. I think she was about 7 mos for 2nd foods (fruit and veggies) and 8 1/2 mos for the meats.
    Sophiasmom119

Answer by Sophiasmom119 at 3:35 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• You can start stage 2 foods pretty much as soon as your child has tried all of the stage 1 foods. They're not any thicker, they just have combinations of flavors. Go ahead & start now!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 5:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• As the stages increase they just add more pieces that need chewed. After my daughter went thru all the stage1's with no problems or reactions we moved onto stage2. There is no right or wrong you just still have to watch them for any reactions they might have.
    ZetaMommy

Answer by ZetaMommy at 7:54 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• my son is the same age as your son and i started him on stage 2 when he was 5monts old because he was doing really good with the stage 1 and he had all of the stage 1. my son is eating all of the stage 2 expect the meat and gravy because he doesn't like them and he also doesn't like the garden veg
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• it says 4 mo. and up on stage one! 6 months and up on stage two and 9 months and up on stage 3. i would just go by what it says!
    LauraLeeTo

Answer by LauraLeeTo at 12:05 AM on Jun. 25, 2008