has your kid ever

Pulled the fire alarm? My 3 yr old DS did it to me today.

treynlisa

Asked by treynlisa at 1:11 AM on Aug. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• Can't say it has ever happened to me ..
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:45 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• someone i knows kid did it at the store...LOL
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 2:34 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• No, but I did... Many times. It's a great way to get out of a test you didn't study for... lol!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:02 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Nope. I taught them right away that was unacceptable. When I was in 9th grade some upper classman pulled the alarm in the East Gym (where I was having music class) causing the whole school to be evacuated including the preschool full of 3-4 year olds attached to the school and the retirement home full of elderly nuns. It was a mess and school ended up getting out 30 minutes late because the principal wouldn't leave until she found out who did it.
    The girl ended up getting suspended and a $2500 fine from the fire department and could have had jail time.
    They also couldn't get the darn alarm to stop ringing in the gym so for like 45 minutes we sat there listening to it. No one ever did that again at school.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:47 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• None of my kids did that to me. However, my sisters DD who is also 3, did pull a fire alarm in a the maternity store in the mall.

My sister was mortified. She had no idea what to do. The people in the store said dont worry about it and my sister left the mall immediatly.

Personally, I would have whipped my kid and made them stay there and apologize to the fire department when they came.
    Tinamarie79

Answer by Tinamarie79 at 12:57 PM on Aug. 29, 2009