would it bother you if ur DH talked to his ex wife?

My husband and his ex have started talking via text and email and at first i was cool with it but its clear that she still wants him even though she is married she is always flirting with him she even asked him if he wished they would of tried harder to make it work .. what i want to know is would you make him stop talking to her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• I know it's not a for sure thing, and yes it would bother me in a lot of ways... but is it remotely possible that she's trying to learn what she should've done to make it work to try to save the marriage she's in now?
    If she's clearly flirting with him, then I'd tell him how it made me feel and he'd likely say "but I'm not with her, I married you".
    As far as I know my hubby doesn't and hasn't talked to an ex (girlfriend) since we've been together and I'm positive that with my jealousy I'd have a problem with it but if he just had to talk to her, I'd hope she'd tell him why she left, why she cheated etc so he might see that he's not always so wonderful, that in sometimes there is room for improvement lol
    Tell your man how you feel and see if will listen to your feelings and hopefully reassure you, or respect your feelings and stop talking to her. It's possible they need closure tho but I'd be watching if it continues.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:42 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I wouldn't put up with it, she's trying to get that old thing back on the side, you need to stop this once and for all.
    katsogrimey

Answer by katsogrimey at 1:50 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I think the only thing a man or woman needs to speak to their ex about is the kids if there are any. If it were my DH I would have said something a long time ago..
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 1:50 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I agree with firethearson

katsogrimey

Answer by katsogrimey at 1:53 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• yes, it would be bother me. This is exactly what my ex did in the past so I ask him to choose his ex or me? He sent her an email that he is not interested on her at all and will never come back to her. It didn't stop so my husband just stop answering her e-mail, phone or text.
    Your husband has every power to stop this if he wants to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:53 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• sorry i meant my husband's ex wife.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:54 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• No it doesn't bother me at all.

I don't even have a problem with them talking about what went wrong.

You ever seen runaway bride? Where they finally talk about what went wrong in their marriage after 12 years? Sometimes it takes a while to talk about it and maybe make sure you don't do that in your current/future relationships.

But I know my husband makes it clear that he's married to ME, and he has no interest in her anymore. He also talks to her with me in the room, and sometimes on speakerphone.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:28 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I believe the only reason they need to speak is if there are children involved. Jeeesh...if the marriage didn't work, why would anyone want to keep talking to the ex? Unfortunately, I have to talk to mine for the sake of my 3 kids, but other than that, life is better w/o having to listen to him.
    My3RaysofSun

Answer by My3RaysofSun at 9:30 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I think it depends. If they have kids, and he doesn't try to hide the fact that he's talking to her, then no, it wouldn't bother me in the least. If they don't have kids, then I see no reason why they need to talk, and yes it would bother me. And I would tell him that, and knowing him the way I do, I know he'd tell her to get lost before I could even finish telling him it bothered me.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:15 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• i'm in the same boat you are....the hubs has a 5 yr. old with her, so he has to stay civil...it REALLY bothers me that he does talk to her about a lot of things other than kayla, and on a flirty friendly level...he has his moments where he cant stand her, but i feel like for the most part he likes talking to her. she calls every time the wind blows or when she's having drama in her life, OR to stir it up..a woman, especially his ex should have girlfriends for this kinda thing..i came from divorced parents who couldnt stand each other, but were civil when it came to me and my sis..so i think its completely stupid that they have to chit chat about everything..i feel the same way you do...i think that she still wants him even though she's married, her fairytale doesnt last forever (she doesnt know what forever is/means), and sometimes i think that he still wants her too. o well whatever...i love him, he comes home to me every nig
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Aug. 29, 2009