DJ AM.....another one bites the dust

Am I the only one tired of celebrities dying of drug overdoses and then being made out to be saints that saved the world?
Obviously, I am incredibly sorry for his family and that his life was cut short. Still, to me that gives no more significance to the life that he had. What message are we sending to our kids?
And please dont call me insensitive, I am saddened by his death. I am also irritated that drug addicts automatically become some one important because it killed them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Entertainment

• is that how he died? a drug overdose???
    That says a lot about Nicole Richie and Paris Hilton who are roll models for kids these days.
    Obviously means they are doing the same drugs he is, since they were dating.
    Ridiculous!!!! I am saddened to know that my kids are growing up in a society where everyone is doing drugs and contracting TONS of STD's. Cheating, drugs, and sex has become such a social norm its so STUPID. This makes me want to be one of "those parents" that shelters their kids as long as possible.
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 2:50 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• He had been known to do drugs in the past and had been clean for a bit, but they found a pipe in his room, i believe, although they won't know anything until an autopsy is completed. That is what I read anyway. Sounds like he relapsed... he had been trying to stay clean from what I understand. He along with Travis Barker(from Blink 182) were the only survivors of a plane crash not too long ago, only to have this happen. This guy seems like he had a troubled life any way you look at it.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 11:19 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Josh link just passed to (not from drugs) Its been a sad week for the industry. And nichole richie hasn't been with that fool for years, She's married and has kids now LOL. So um yeah i'm sure she is doing the same drugs as him.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 12:21 PM on Aug. 29, 2009