online jobs? scams or not?

Hello, i recently started working for a company online... no interview just started for payroll clerk... Anyways, my husband and i are going on monday to get the money the lady is sending threw western union for me to get the supplies to start. I asked for a contract they sent me a thing on my email which is like a contract. I'am so excited to finally be working again, but im scared ill get in trouble or something. Everyone says it sounds legal but im scared its a scam.
Anyone else have a online job and never met them and its legal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• follow your instict on this one!
    muffin400

Answer by muffin400 at 3:23 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Payroll clerk? I would be leery as well.

If it envolves check cashing at your bank or others.......better to check out the company first......get names and numbers, address.....etc.

Seems to me it sounds like a scam. WHY EMAIL a contract........why not FED EX you documents for you to fill out.

I would use a PO BOX and NOT give out YOUR home address.

Had a friend who's boyfriend fell for an online scam.......they sent him a check to cash...........he was held at the bank....HIS bank...........cops called.........FEDS came in and found he was innocent and gave the info HE had......which was very little of this "company" he was to cash checks for and keep that percentage of and thankfully let go.

WHY would a company send him a check to cash HERE? They have banks in BFE for lords sake!

Have the BBB check them out....dont want to end up in jail as a conspirator cashing checks..etc!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:50 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• That my dear is a scam and a great way for you to end up in prison. It's called money laundering. Steer clear!! There are many many ways that you can work from home. That's not it. If you are looking to work from home work through a legit company and never accept money through Western Union!

I have a list of legit options at www.Sabrinas-Closet.info

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:52 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Yes, Sabrina is correct. Don't think if you get involved you will be considered an innocent party. Once you receive that western union, you are officially considered involved and can go to jail as well. Never, never play a part in something like that.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:56 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Western Union is code for SCAM!! RUN!!!

Answer by rkoloms at 11:10 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Ditto to what Sabrina said!! Run the other way Mama!
    jjk45xox

Answer by jjk45xox at 1:34 PM on Aug. 29, 2009