Does phentermine work?

well i hear alot of girls in my town are on it.. so im wodnering how and if it works?

thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of veggie before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 11:22 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• It works. My cousin is doing it. But the first time she quit taking it, she gained 15 pounds back. She is back on it again. I've thought about taking it, but I plan to maintain healthy eating habits & exercise while taking it. Thats the only way to keep the weight off.
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 4:56 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• i took meridia for 1 month,i lost 10 lbs. still have not gained it back. i also started taking vitamins, i think i was lacking iodine, since i started taking them i've lost another 10 lbs. try doing it naturally first: cutting back on calories,no junk food!, no food after 7pm, lots of water and a multivitamin. oh yeah and that nasty thing called exercise.
    pam228

Answer by pam228 at 10:08 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• It is generally effective the first 6 weeks you take it, then your body will adjust to it and will quit responding to it. For some people, that can happen before 6 weeks. I have heard some say they lost weight with it, others say they havent. The one thing I have heard the same thing over and over again though from the majority of people is they ended up gaining the weight back.

Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 5:55 PM on Sep. 19, 2009