if your child was around 18; 19 ish would u get them in trouble if the called u for a ride..bc they had been drinking

or would u be proud that they trusted u enough to say that they needed a ride..
For me it would depend how he is doing other wize.. good in school.. but has made some not great choices. sometimes i think that bc kids are TO afraid to ask for a ride something bad ends up happening..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 AM on Aug. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would be very happy they called. My mother died driving drunk, I don't want my child to do the same. I don't care how old they are, where they are, or what the circumstances. I just want my child home safe.

Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 5:19 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I would be happy too because even if they have made bad choices/ decision this time they made a smart decision by calling you even though they might get into trouble with you for drinkin
    sam_rayne21

Answer by sam_rayne21 at 6:13 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I would much rather get a call in the middle of the night saying "Mom, please pick me up" than to find out later that they got driven home by someone else who was drinking.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:46 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I would be happy they called to get a ride, other than riding with a drunk friend.
    Then he/she would get in trouble with me for drinking under age.

Answer by louise2 at 7:02 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• nope I would be grateful they called and go get them.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:12 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• my son 15 went out one night with several of his friend 16, 17, 18, 19 my son called me to come get them at the lake cause he was scared to ride with them while they was drinking. my son was also drinking. i didn't get on to him because i have always told my kids to call me 24-7 if they need me and i will be right there. they know they can tell me anything. now i did get on to his friend that was driving him around, and my son was never allowed to ride with him again.
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 8:13 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I would not be pleased they were drinking, but I would be proud, at least they were smart enough to call for a safe ride. This is the deal I have made with my teens. Thankfully, we have not had to cross this bridge yet.
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 8:28 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• My Sil is 15, I always tell her no matter what don't be affraid to call me or her brother no questions asked. However we will talk in the morning.
    kristyn165

Answer by kristyn165 at 8:50 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I would be glad that they called me but they would still be in trouble.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:19 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• My kids are to young for this, I don't think they serve booze in sippy cups. But I have already discussed this with my DH. When I was a teen my HS sent everyone home with a "contract" that was supposed to be signed by both the teen and the child. And it stated that if the teen were drinking or out with friends that were, he/she would call home and ask their parents for a ride. The parents in turn would not deal out punishment to the child until the next day. This way everyone could feel safe the right things could happen. Well, my mother tore it up. She then wrote the school a really nasty letter about how it's none of their business how she rases here child and if her kids are ever drinking she will not be picking us up, the police will. Because the police will be much nice than her, and when we get home we better be ready to face the music...

With my kids, I would be happy they called. And the next day, we would talk...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:01 AM on Aug. 29, 2009