do u think standards are a bad punishment for a seven yr old..

3o of them for going to friends house after school when i was suppose to pick her up.. i got very scared and worried. starting looking on the playground.. ANYTHING CAN happen!. but she must have felt bad bc she came back to the school. she said right after they had a snack.. i was thinking making her write.. i will not go home with anyone unless mommy said it was ok.. 30 times is that harsh.. i am admittly a little angry!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 AM on Aug. 29, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• NO that is not harsh! Anything could have happened to her. 30 lines is nothing, you could have spanked her or grounded her but 30 lines is a good thing. I would also recommend taking a way a favorite item for one week. We did that with my cousin (she did the same thing your dd did and she never did it again!)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:12 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• No that is not harsh.
    Make it perfectly clear that you were very scared. Because you did not know were she was.and she will never do that again.

Answer by louise2 at 7:08 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• My son knows it is UNACCEPTABLE to go home with ANYONE unless Mama knows about it and has given the go ahead. In MY opinion, 30 lines is nothing. I suppose that's just me though. What if....that's always in the back of my mind.
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 9:31 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I make my 5 year old write a full page of lines all the time. My 6,8 and 10 year old too! It is not mean, it is effective.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 9:59 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I wish my mom would have made me write something 30 times when I did something I wasn't supposed to. Talk about an easy punishment! I would laugh the entire time I was writing. No wonder kids today are so terrible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• yeah i dont think thats a tough punishment at all. Personally I would take priveledges away for a few days to a week. Thats a serious crime and it needs a serious fine.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 3:36 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I think thats a very appropriate punishment.....most people just spank or ground their children. Standards will make her realize EXACTLY what she did wrong and next time her friends tell her to come visit...she will KNOW that she needs to ask you first....I would also be a little peeved at the other mom....I would never allow someone else child to come to my house without their parents permission and maybe you should just mention to her that your daughter is not allowed over unless you talk to her first....I think you handled it very well. Good job.
    abbyg

Answer by abbyg at 4:37 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I think it is appropriate as well. I would also not let her have a playdate for a while until she showed you you could trust her.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 4:46 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Not harsh at all. I make my 13 yr old write dictionary pages for most poor choices. Works great, he hates writing.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:31 PM on Aug. 29, 2009