Best Friend

Has anyone ever lost a best friend due to argument or disagreement? I lost a friend of 25 years because I commented too much on her abusive alcholic husband ......Long story, but she didnt like me talking to her family and trying to help her ,,,,,,,,she sent me a nasty text and hasnt spoen to me in 4 months..I texted happy birthday last week and nothing ,,I cry here and there and i feel i cant get over this ,,,,I feel something is missing ..........I have alot of other friends, but this is hard!!!!!(especially because I do not have a sister!!!)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 AM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• She might be angry at you now, but if she ever gets up the nerve to leave him, she'll need a friend. Just continue with the occasional text, so she knows you're still there for her if she needs you. I know it hurts, but do this once a month to let her know you still care. You could be a lifesaver for her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• She can't handle the truth that's all. To me friends are suppose to be able to do what you did. Tell her when she needs you, you will be there for her and then just leave her alone.

Answer by louise2 at 7:21 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I lost a very good friend 2 1/2 years ago when her husband left her. I was very good friends with both of them didn't want to take sides. She flat out told me that I had to cut him out of my life in order to be her friend, and I refused to let her dictate my life. It took quite a while to get over it. I held out hope for about a year that we could resolve things. I even reached out to her the first Christmas after it started, sent her a card and letter, and never heard anything back.

It takes a lot of time, but it does get better. I'm still very good friends with her ex-husband so I hear about her from time to time and I think that kind of made the process longer. Now, looking back, I can see how it was all for the best. I am able to see that she wasn't the wonderful friend I thought she was at the time (like people tried to tell me while we were friends, but I never listened) and I'm glad to have moved on.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 7:26 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• thank you guys ,,great answers!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:33 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I live away from family. And I thought I found my new BFF. We were close, for almost two years, and I even told her secrets I never told anyone else. Well, she stopped talking to me after the election. Never answered my calls, textes, or emails. Never spoke to me again and didn't tell me why. She hated Obama and probably was pissed because I was Happy he won...... She went to this little weird "Christian" church. Her Pastor probably told her to...... Anyhow, Voting for Obama is the only reason I could think of for losing her friendship. WHAT A STUPID REASON!! And I will tell you what my husband tells me, " IT IS HER LOSS! "
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Aug. 29, 2009