Looking for boy themed craft and sewing projects!

HELP ME! I like to give my kids a variety of homemade gifts for the holidays but it takes some planning and time to get it all done. I've googled and searched the web for sewing projects geared towards boys. All my search results end up with either more girl appeal than boy style OR crafts and sewing projects for boys to do. I'm new to sewing and love crafting with all sorts of mediums! I'm not afraid to try any craft at least once if it's something I think the recipient will enjoy.

I can applique only so many shirts before the kids are sick of fish, robots, and trucks! ;) I've made wallets and curtains too, but I need some fresh ideas. I AM DESPERATE for some help! Fabric suggestions, project ideas, tutorials, pictures, anything boy inspired would be GREATLY appreciated!

I've got two boys ages 8 and a 3. Thanks for all your help

CraftyMNmom

Asked by CraftyMNmom at 7:33 AM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• how old are they? there are these cute (ok really ugly but kitchy) monster dolls made from felt: http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=felt%20monsters&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi There are similar things you can crochet. You could also make puppets for them. Etsy.com is also a great source of inspiration in general. I'm in a moms group and we're making felt hair clips for the girls and the felt dolls was the only thing I could find for boys! so sexist! :)
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 8:22 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• What about making there favorite super hero blanket or quilt for there bed. Like pp said...how old are they bc that has alot to do with it.
    mamamissy23

Answer by mamamissy23 at 8:49 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• My boys are 3 and 8 years old. I like the superhero quilt idea and the monster dolls. I'll have to check out Etsy for more inspiration too but if anyone else has any ideas, I'm all ears.
    CraftyMNmom

Answer by CraftyMNmom at 10:56 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I plan to make a tool belt for my two year old son. I'm hoping he will like it as much as his siter's princess purse!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• *sister's (oops!)
    Anonymous