How do I get the kids to sit still for am quiet time?

I am up first thing in the morning to do yoga and have some quiet time but of course by the time I settle in to a good cup of java the little ones are awake and ready to chatter. Or as was the case 30 seconds ago spill bubbles all over me. I wouldn't change it for a thing. I just wonder what is the best way to have some quiet time because it feels like they have mom dar and know when I am up and at em.
During the week they are home schooled so I get about ten to fifteen minutes in the morning where they are learning their letters from their leap videos. On Saturday however I try to give them the freedom to do what they like which seems to be following mommie around. It wouldn't bother me but every time I get a thought and start to focus something comes up. How do I get them to give me a few minutes so that I can start my day on the right path without distraction so I'm not a robot by 12?

SugarBE

Asked by SugarBE at 8:27 AM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It will be a training process! I would start the kids with just 5 minutes when you want quiet time. Set the timer and tell them you need to be alone until the timer goes off. Maybe get out their puzzles, books, or some other quiet toys. Tell them as soon as the buzzer goes off to come get you. Once they have no problem with the 5 minutes start increasing the time! My guess is they would soon start ignoring the buzzer and keep playing on their own.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:31 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• 1) You're homeschooling with videos?

2) Either get up earlier for your own time or have it at the end of the day after they go to bed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• well it help probably if u gave them something that occupie them and let them go to the othr room with it .i do that to my kids it helps or you can try to put them back to sleep by singing to them or feeding them
    xforevermomx

Answer by xforevermomx at 11:49 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• take them outside if you have a yard, or a nearby park! you can do your yogo and they can run and play! All moms need there own time outs sometimes!
    Krissy-

Answer by Krissy- at 5:41 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Of course I'm homeschooling with videos. They don't have a thing called learning tools on your planet? You should try them. They are quite usefull.
    SugarBE

Answer by SugarBE at 11:29 AM on Aug. 31, 2009