how long will she be mad?

my DD is 13 and her and my DS 15 gotinto an arguement last night about him taking the dvd to his room. she was going to bed and he was going to go to his room and watch a movie. she told him no. my boyfriend who they call dad came into the living room and asked what was going on. she started crying thinking he would side with her like he always does, but he didn't. she is mad at him, and me. i went to go check on her just a minute ago and she is still mad. how long can a teen girl be mad over something that stupid?

okc-mom-2

Asked by okc-mom-2 at 8:37 AM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• You would be surprised!! lol I have a SIL who is only 15 and man she can hold a grudge. Until she wants something that is. Just don't give in she needs to know that sometimes it's not all about her. Good luck momma!!!
    kristyn165

Answer by kristyn165 at 8:43 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Probably not more than a day or 2. Maybe till she wants something and has to ask for it. LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:55 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Untill she doens't want to be mad anymore. Hell enjoy the silence!
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:42 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• she should b fine in the morning,sometimes they just need a reason to break down and cry,my stepson does this like every 6months.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:33 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I would be mad and not talk to my parents for days. (I'm only 21 btw so it wasnt that long ago). Be prepared for during the next "episode" her to bring up the "you always side with him.." "last time..." Good luck and dont worry about it.
    ballerina_06

Answer by ballerina_06 at 10:39 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• um... so what if she's mad. Its good for her emotional health to not always get her way and to get mad. It depends on the child how long she can stay mad. it will prob. last until she wants something. At that point make sure to stick to your guns, she does need to learn to share and not to try to manipulate everyone. (15 the 2nd 4)
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 11:39 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• lol, I'm still not all together to sure what she's supposed to be mad about. But whatever girls her age are just insane, She could be mad for days she could be okay in the morning. Just remember that between the ages of 12-17 your daughter has been replaced by a giant ball of emotions it's like the terrible twos again but with someone who might be bigger then you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Aug. 29, 2009