Why are they doing this?

I see a lot of first-time moms on here who ask a lot of questions about getting an epidural, having an induction, having a c-section.....and there is always somebody who has to use a scare tactic to try to scare them out of what they want! In fact I have seen a lot of women do this on Cafemom! Trying to needlessly scare new moms-to-be, lying to them about these things.. seriously why? There is soo much false info/bad advice on this site about labor and delivery for first-time moms. Like they are prey or something. Has anybody else noticed this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I agree with you. They should do what is comfortable to them and not go by what someone else has experienced or been told to them.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I have noticed this but maybe I hang out in "the wrong places", lol! I have no idea what's been said about this stuff but I can tell you my own awful stories if you'd like. =) Fact is, people give false information all the time it is not just here on this site. The best thing for them to do is to research what they are wanting to know but still every experience is different. You just don't know about some of these things until they are over.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 9:15 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I don't want to say these people are giving bad advice..they are just giving their opinion. If that OP is going to trust everything they read here, then that's their problem. I would think people come here to learn from other people's experiences. This is not a certified site where things posted is factual and I'm sure everyone knowes that. We are just try to pass around individual experiences and perhaps other moms can learn from it. Where else are we suppose to go to find "real life stories?" I thought that's what this site was set up for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• By the way, I meant to say that I have NOT noticed this. =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 10:17 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• If the posters were looking for facts instead of opinions, they would be searching medical websites.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:25 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• That's just it though. A lot of pregnant women want to know from moms who have given birth. But a lot of them DO give them false info. Some of these women are really dumb and give out horrible advice and completely false info about c-secs, epidurals. It's just not right.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 1:06 PM on Aug. 29, 2009