Doctor's Summary of the HR3200 Obama Health Care Bill

By Dr. Dave Janda

Let me summarize just a few salient points of the above plan. First, however, it should be clear that the same warning notice must be placed on The ObamaCare Plan as on a pack of cigarettes: Consuming this product will be hazardous to your health.

The underlying method of cutting costs throughout the plan is based on rationing and denying care. There is no focus on preventing health care need whatever. The plan’s method is the most inhumane and unethical approach to cutting costs I can imagine as a physician.

The rationing of care is implemented through The National Health Care Board, according to the plan. This illustrious Board “will approve or reject treatment for patients based on the cost per treatment divided by the number of years the patient will benefit from the treatment.”

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• clapping I think we need more RATIONALLY MINDED doctors speaking out on the specifics of this bill.  Perhaps people who continue to support this bill will understand the negative implications if their family doctor explains it to them in simple language relative to their current/future health situations?! 

Too many liberals are making this bill into a political party thing or a "then we should do nothing" approach....when it has nothing to do with your political party affiliation or as simple as "do something or do nothing" attitude.

Those who OPPOSE HR 3200 (or similar bills) want to do SOMETHING, but this bill just doesn't cut it, no matter how you slice it!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:25 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Translation… if you are over 65 or have been recently diagnosed as having an advanced form of cardiac disease or aggressive cancer… dream on if you think you will get treated… pick out your coffin.

Oh, you say this could never happen? Sorry… this is the same model they use in Britain.

The plan mandates that there will be little or no advanced treatments to be available in the future. It creates The Federal Coordinating Council For Comparative Effectiveness Research, the purpose of which is “to slow the development of new medications and technologies in order to reduce costs.” Yes, this is to be the law.

The plan also outlines that doctors and hospitals will be overseen and reviewed by The National Coordinator For Health Information and Technology.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• This “coordinator” will “monitor treatments being delivered to make sure doctors and hospitals are strictly following government guidelines that are deemed appropriate.” It goes on to say… “Doctors and hospitals not adhering to guidelines will face penalties.”

According to those in Congress, penalties could include large six figure financial fines and possible imprisonment.

So according to The ObamaCare Plan… if your doctor saves your life you might have to go to the prison to see your doctor for follow-up appointments. I believe this is the same model Stalin used in the former Soviet Union.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Section 102 has the Orwellian title, “Protecting the Choice to Keep Current Coverage.” What this section really mandates is that it is illegal to keep your private insurance if your status changes - e.g., if you lose or change your job, retire from your job and become a senior, graduate from college and get your first job. Yes, illegal. When Mr. Obama hosted a conference call with bloggers urging them to pressure Congress to pass his health plan as soon as possible, a blogger from Maine referenced an Investors Business Daily article that claimed Section 102 of the House health legislation would outlaw private insurance.

He asked: “Is this true? Will people be able to keep their insurance and will insurers be able to write new policies even though H.R. 3200 is passed?” Mr. Obama replied: “You know, I have to say that I am not familiar with the provision you are talking about.”
    Anonymous

• Then there is Section 1233 of The ObamaCare Plan (pages 425-427), devoted to “Advanced Care Planning.” After each American turns 65 years of age they have to go to a mandated counseling program that is designed to end life sooner.

This session is to occur every 5 years unless the person has developed a chronic illness then it must be done every year. The topics in this session will include, “how to decline hydration, nutrition and how to initiate hospice care.” It is no wonder The Obama Administration does not like my emphasis on Prevention. For Mr. Obama, prevention is the “enemy” as people would live longer.

I rest my case. The ObamaCare Plan is hazardous to the health of every American.

Anonymous

• After I finished my Capitol Hill presentation, I was asked by a Congressman in the question-answer session: “I’ll be doing a number of network interviews on the Obama Health Care Plan. If I am asked what is the one word to describe the plan what should I answer.”

The answer is simple, honest, direct, analytical, sad but truthful. I told him that one word is FASCIST.

Then I added, “I hope you’ll have the courage to use that word, Congressman. No other word is more appropriate.”
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• OP HERE, Now that you've read a summary from an actual doctor who understands the terminology used within the bill, how do you feel after all?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I heard a doctor on a show this week talking about this bill. He wasnt enthused about it at all. Doctors office will be flooded with the NEWLY insured. Has anyone thought about what this will DO to patient care, or to existing patients of a practice. IT will be a clusterf8ck....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• TOO MUCH CONTROL IN THIS BILL. I'm currently reading it, and i'm almost sickened by what i'm reading. There's no way someone can be okay with this unless theyre totally willing to just bend over and let the government stick it in and break it off. Sorry, but I AM NOT.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 9:43 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Some of these blankety blanks who are in full support of this bill will not get it until they actually do GET it and feel the effects. The tax increase to cover the poor will be roughly $4000 a yr for the middle class. That is BEFORE what is taken out per month for your own coverage.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:04 AM on Aug. 29, 2009