is it safe to use icyhot when prego?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yeah, but I wouldn't put it anywhere near my belly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I hope so! I used the patches when I was pregnant with Olivia. Even if you put it on your belly it is natural material and actually not bad for your skin or body itself. Camphor and menthol are great for lots of things. I asked my doctor about them when I was pregnant and he said that they were perfectly safe and actually safer than tylenol for aches and pains. Use away! I also used the heat patches for my lower back, which worked wonders, but these are definitely not for use on the belly. The Icy Hot patches are wonderful for lower back pain. For knee pain they have the IcyHot wraps now... awesome!
    rockstarmom2b

Answer by rockstarmom2b at 10:35 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• My doctor suggested it for my back pain, for night time use, so I didn't fall asleep on the heating pad and give baby a fever-

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 11:26 AM on Aug. 29, 2009