What are Orbs really?

Orbs- True orbs are spirits of the deceased (both human and animal) in the form of spheres, or balls of light that can hover and fly at will. Orbs can be transparent or translucent and can be seen in photos and videos. They usually can't be seen by the human eye alone. Some say you can even see faces inside some orbs. Photos of orbs are the most common paranormal photos out there. The number of orbs have been known to multiply greatly during moments of high paranormal activity. Orbs can be found outside and indoors as well. A theory for why a spirit takes the form of an orb is that it takes the least amount of energy to manifest into.

SEEMS LIKE LATELY, EVERYONE HAS GONE 'ORB' CRAZY AND EVERY BOOGER SMEAR ON THE LENS IS AN ORB. WHAT IS YOUR OPINION? ARE ORBS SIMPLY LIGHT, ENERGY, SPIRITS OF THE DEAD OR ARE THEY CAMERA MALFUNCTIONS, DUST OR BUGS?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 10:08 AM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I hate orbs! Everybody jumps to the conclusion that just because there is an orb in a photo, that HAS to mean that there is a ghost there to. Which, in my opinio, is a load of crap! I mean, even if it is a real orb (some are dust, bugs, lens flair), that doesn't mean it's a ghost. It's just a ball of energy. They have found orbs over swamps. So, not every orb is a ghost.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:09 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I agree, everyone has gone orb crazy! Finding them in places that they clearly aren't. Many are camera errors and even more are human error like the strap hanging in front of the lens. And then there are more than are things like flash back or reflections...

But that doesn't mean that I haven't seen orbs that are for real. In fact I saw a video with orbs. And there was no way of blaming these on anything but spirit activity... If I can find a copy of it online I will post it, but I doubt I will find it.

Point being, there are real, otherworldly orbs, and then there are the millions and millions of those that are just error... I think the hype about those that are obviously not spiritual actually downplays those that are.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:47 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• This video full of Orbs taped in Perth Australia has recently made a sensation when it was viewed frame by frame and 'cleaned up'. You'll see here, one of the many Orbs that clearly show a human head and face.

[2faces_enl_enh_features.jpg]

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:58 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Often it is dust, sometimes it is photoshop, other times an explanation can't be found no matter how hard one tries. I think most of the pics you see are nothing. I doubt that any of the orbs are actually spirits, I just can't find any reason why they would look like that on film. But like with all these issues I am certain that nobody knows for sure.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 11:20 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• spiritguide_23,

I so agree with you! Every picture taken where a ball of light shows up is automatically assumed to be an Orb by the photographer. It's annoying.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:21 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Here is a different video than the one I saw but it's the same guy and the same home...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXnv8en8YE0

The one I saw was on the History Channel Special "The Unexplained: Hauntings"

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:26 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I see them as Angelic Hosts of Heaven. It is not always the camera but the Angels of Heaven revealing themselves in the many conferences all over the world.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:19 PM on Aug. 29, 2009