Have you ever had an encounter with a Shadow Person?

Shadow People are very black and mostly take the shape of silhouettes of human figures, and hardly ever have any facial features. They can be 2 or 3 dimensional, are mostly male looking, and are often fairly tall. Shadow people are one of the hardest phenomena to capture in photographs because they can move so quickly. Because they move quickly when seen, many people will just get a glimpse of the shadow person through the corner of their eye causing the witness to question what they have seen. They are known to stare and watch people until they are noticed and then they will disappear by vanishing or walking or melting through a wall.

Some people believe them to be ghosts, while others see them as evil demons due to the unpleasant feelings that seem to accompany their presence.

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 10:14 AM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am just now reading the other replies. The only rooms upstairs are our bedroom and bath and a storage room. The cabinet area where I see shadow man is also visible from the bathtub. I frequently see it there when I'm bathing. Are we seeing these things because we are relaxed or because we are vulnerable? (sleeping, resting, bathing) I never feel danger, but always discomfort and nervous, naturally. Regardless I don't like it invading my space. It leaves when I tell it to.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:48 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Since I was a child I have seen a male hooded figure follow me. It is all black and has no face. For years I have seen it and at times seen it just standing and watching me others it has actually followed me... I don't know who or what it is, and don't think it is really a "shaddow man" but from your discription it could be classified that way. I tend to be the only one that sees him though. He disapears when anyone else looks...

Maybe he has a shadow man crush on me?!? lol!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:29 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Never seen a shadow figure, personally. But had enough experiences, mainly with specific people who have passed. With my pregnancy now I have been noticing I "see" a lot of things out of the corner of my eye and such. My first pregnancy I experienced nothing like that. Now, my husband has "visions" or dreams, while his mother was pregnant with him she dreamt of several things that had to do with his life that have occured. Maybe this second baby has some of daddy's tendencies. I just have weird intuition and being saved by loved ones or angles at times I should have died or been seriously injured. The girl above....maybe it's a relative or some connected spirit to her spirit. Weird stuff goes on all around us that some just never notice.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:38 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• This phenomenon has increased these past few years. I don't know if it's just more people reporting it, or if there are more Shadow People out there, but the descriptions seem to match one another and to be legitimate experiences.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:40 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I believe I have seen what you describe. Most of them were in the nursing home I used to work in...I always saw them in the doorway behind me in the kitchen, while I was cleaning dishes. I would feel a tingling feeling along the back of my neck as if someone were staring at me. When I turned around, I'd see a quick glimpse of a shadow disappearing down the stairs or hallway.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 10:40 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I wonder if the 'shadow' part has anything to do with negative energy? Like if they had negative energy when alive and the energy remained after death, wold that appear to be gray or black instead of the white light other 'ghosts' seem to manifest with?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:45 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I have experienced this a few times. One time that has really stuck with me was when I was pregnant with my son. I was washing dishes and had the dishwasher open. Someone walked up beside me and stopped and I could see the "shadow" out of the corner of my eye. I started talking, thinking it was my mom, and when I turned to look it was gone as fast as it walked up. It freaked me out, of course. I'll still see shadows move through my house from time to time.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 10:45 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Wow! I'm kind of shocked at the amount of people already who have said they've experienced this!

Two of you have said you were washing dishes when you saw this. Do you tend to 'zone' out when doing dishes? I ask because there are others who have said they were relaxed when they saw the Shadow Person- like lying in bed ready to go to sleep or taking a bath or folding clothes. I wonder if you have to be in some kind of 'mind set' to see them.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:55 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• YEs, I totally zone out while doing dishes. My mind tends to wander, and I often times find myself staring straight ahead, unaware of what I am even doing.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 10:58 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• sahmamax2,

See... now I'm even more intrigued by this. If our mind is relaxed, are we able to see things we aren't able to see when we are preoccupied and busy? Most often spirits are seen at night when our bodies settle down and start to relax, and I wonder if there is a brain connection to the sightings.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:00 AM on Aug. 29, 2009