U.N. Report Advocates Teaching Masturbation to 5-Year-Olds (long a few pages)

Wednesday, August 26, 2009
By Joseph Abrams

* Print
* ShareThis

NEW YORK — The United Nations is recommending that children as young as five receive mandatory sexual education that would teach even pre-kindergarteners about masturbation and topics like gender violence.

The U.N.'s Economic, Social and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) released a 98-page report in June offering a universal lesson plan for kids ranging in age from 5-18, an
"informed approach to effective sex, relationships" and HIV education that they say is essential for "all young people."

The U.N. insists the program is "age appropriate," but critics say it's exposing kids to sex far too early, and offers up abstract ideas — like "transphobia" — they might not even understand.

gammie

Asked by gammie at 10:45 AM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• disgusting...i dont want y 8 yr old to masterbate let alone a 5 yr old......the morals in this country are in the toilet, not to mention priorities,,,isnt there a war going on?
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:03 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• The U.N. insists the program is "age appropriate," but critics say it's exposing kids to sex far too early, and offers up abstract ideas — like "transphobia" — they might not even understand.

I don't even know what "transphobia" is and I'm 53 years old! (What is it?)

pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:05 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I didn't send my sons to school to be taught crap like this. There is so much "public school bashing" because the schools are "so bad". Well, it is because of stuff like this. Stand tall and tell these nut jobs NO! Leave my child alone!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:20 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• If they implement this I will homeschool. Sucks ciz I am a lousy teacher, but I will figure it out.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:40 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• It says from 5-18.....Are there different , age apprioate lessions for each age group?
    Teaching kids about body parts is important. In 2nd grade (in a catholic school) I saw a play about "private parts" and "inapprioate touch" and how you should tell someone etc....

On another note....Is this going to be implemented in our schools? It's from the UN, I don't believe they have added anything to our school systems
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:54 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• transphobia is the fear of transgender but it goes deeper then that like pre-op or post-op.
    It is pretty stupid thing to be teaching a 5 year old. If this is actually followed through and gets put into schools my son will be going to a private Christian school. No one needs to be teaching my son about sex other than his father and I.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Aug. 29, 2009