The final chapter of UN

Their report was based on a "rigorous review" of sex-ed literature, "drawing upon 87 studies from around the world," said Mark Richmond, director of UNESCO's Division for the Coordination of U.N. Priorities in Education, in an e-mailed statement.

Richmond defended teaching about masturbation as "age-appropriate" because even in early childhood, "children are known to be curious about their bodies." Their lessons, he added, would hopefully help kids "develop a more complex understanding of sexual behaviour" as they grow into adults.

But Michelle Turner, of Citizens for a Responsible Curriculum, said that such roles should be left up to parents, and worried that children were being exposed to too much information too soon.

"Why can't kids be kids anymore?" she said.

gammie

Asked by gammie at 10:49 AM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• This is sick. That is why people are home schooling. We need to take charge of our family and keep the government OUT!!
    As soon as you let the government pay for anything you have sold your freedoms.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:53 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Really? 5 different posts? You couldn't put it all in one?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Should I be the copy and paste police? lol as is done to me ???

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:51 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Everyday I feel more and more convinced that I'll need to find an alternative to public school for my girl....if we're still living here, I'm thinking charter school.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• No it could not fit in one post. This is to important to write in my own words. People would say, Who said?, when?, where??? So now you can see what UN is thinking and saying in their own words.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 2:31 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Did everyone just skip over the part about it being voluntary?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Aug. 29, 2009