Weird question?

I am 21 weeks and the baby should still be low in the tummy right? Then why is the top of my tummy so hard like the baby is up there? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm in the same situation! My daughter is still down in my pelvic bone most of the time. but its the top of my stomach that is bulging out and hard. I just assume she's smushed everything up there so she has room to do her flips and flops.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 12:47 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Babies do move around alot, and you still have a long way to go before you have to worry about the baby "being low." You are after all only half way there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Not such a weird question, there are so many changes in your body when you are preggers, your head spins sometimes!!

The baby also pushes your organs all around, up and out and what not. Your skin is probably pretty tight around there to making it feel tight. I seem to remember the top of my stomach being pretty hard too. If you have any concerns call your doc's office an talk to a nurse ... that's what they are there for!! :o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:01 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• my dd was never low! She stayed up by my ribs from the time I could feel her until they did the c-section and pulled her out.
    reava

Answer by reava at 11:38 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Hard like a contraction?
    Is this your first (or what # baby)?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:09 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• at 21 weeks, the top of your uterus is about a centimeter above your belly button so it's squashing everything else together in there.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 6:49 PM on Aug. 29, 2009