What was I thinking? Now I'm stuck and don't know what to do.

So I'm at my aunts using the phone and computer looking for every resource that can help with being homeless. In april I left my bf of 4yrs and took our son to a domestic violence shelter b/c I thought that I was doing the righ thing. I hadn't worked in 2yrs and had no money, no savings, no child support, no job, and no place to stay. I went to the shelter thinking that their maximum 90day stay would be enough to get on my ft. Only Im@ a disadvantage, no recent work experience, not bilingual and we're in a recession, and I live in the worst state Florida. So my time came to an end the shelter gave me 2#s to homeless shelters, one put me on a waiting list, the other- disconnected. So, I slept in my car for the first time ever Monday w/my 2 y/o. I was so stupid I took out a permenant restraining order back in april so ended up losing contact w/him. His #changed, he moved and now I can't go back. I feel stupid, how the hell did

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• I let those ppl talk me into moving there. Letting boost my head up like it was realistic what they were telling me. Never been on my own, my abuser was the sole provider and I was just gone up and leave and be on my feet by the time my 3months was up@the domestic violence shelter. I called in 3diffrent counties and b/c I left him in April all the domestic violence shelters say I no longger qualify as a domestic violence victim, I haven't been abused within the past month. So now I'm figuring out how I can take back my protection order, which won't really help since I can't even track him down @the moment to even move back. I wish I had somewhere else to go. Why did I have to end up out here in this world by myself. why did I ever leave in the first place? I did a stupid thing thought I was showing him and made myself homeless. I went to a fast food restaurant and they told me that I lacked good job history, like wow how much
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• to take orders all day. I have no idea what to do. I call the same domestic violence shelters and the same homeless shelters evryday and they tell me one of 2answers. you don't qualify as a victim of domestic violence or you have to do an intake, get placed on the waiting list and call back every wed. until you can get placed into a homeless shelter, which I did. I want to cry, I want to scream, I want to give up. But I can't I have to stay strong for my so but I feel Like I'm @my wits end. Why did I have to be so bold and get up and go? Why couldn't I have just stayed until I graduated school, then try to leave? I don't know what I was thinking, but it sure wasnt straight. There just needed to vent.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• You can't be serious?? Homeless or abuse? Hmm... I would take homeless any day! Go stay at a friends or family members! You truly sound like a very unintelligent person.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• um, you try sleeping in car thats packed with evrything that could fit in it. Yor baby can only sleep upright in a car seat. The drive seat can't recline b/c its to much stuff behind it, in a park's parking lot, where you can't sleep with the windows roll down b/c you don't know if so psycho might come try to kill you. Until the homeless outreach gets to your name on the waiting list. If I could go to family or friends that were stable enough in this recession and could take 2 people on , until I could get on my feet.I would've been there long time ago, like the first time he hit me before i got up one day in a panic and made it to a domestic violence shelter. I guss I am VERY UNINTELLIGENT me and all the other 20 million woman that go back home, when we figure out that @this point we can't make it, have no resources and would rather not be homeless. If it was just me living out of a car I could deal but I have a 2 year old
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• baby also who ask to go home everyday, and to take baths at night. you deal with that you give me an answer as how I'm supposed to bathe hi out of my car, or give him back his diego bed to sleep in @night, and tell me what is the SO HIGHLY INTELLIGENT answer that explains it all to him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• You need to quit looking at the past and start moving forward. You're not going to get anywhere looking back. What's done is done. Go to your local social services, apply for emergency assistance, apply for housing. If you're at your Aunts house ask her if you can stay there until you get on your feet and get your life straight. Start thinking about the well being of your child and focus on that, not the abusive boyfriend.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:34 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I have a social worker from DCF who gave me the same #s that I call everyday, for the homeless shelters that are full. I've tried 10 ways to go around the homeless outreach, by calling every shelter one by one and they all tell me that they don't take people in like that, they accept people off the waiting list from homeless outreach when space becomes available. And you know what I still call everyday and sometimes when the person recognizes my voice they catch an attitude and ask did't you call here already?I called homeless outreach and put my name on the waiting list for the county I live in and the closest one next to it. Both housing and section 8 (housing vocher) are not accepting applications at this time, their open period is closed. If I could stay@my aunts I wouldnt be sleeping in my car. If I could stay anywhere I wouldn't be sleeping in my car.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Whatever you do, don't go back to him! If he has physically hurt you, it will only be a matter of time before he takes it out on your baby. Your son doesn't need to be exposed to such violence. I know things are hard right now, but you have got to try your hardest to take care of your son. Why can't you stay at your aunts? How could and of your family turn you away when you have such a small child? There's got to be someone....don't you have friends? You must be really young not to have any job history, my heart goes out to you =(
    Bmanda352

Answer by Bmanda352 at 11:59 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Thanks.Everybody is struggling to make ends meet. I don't work, no one can afford two extra people. My aunt is a single mom of 2. Everybody else is only making it b/c their depending on their men, and you know how that is when a man thinks that your moving your family into his house, and he has to pay for it. Their looking @ it like i gotta take care of your family and she has a child, where's her baby father? I can't say how long it'll take me to get on my feet, thats another problem b/c I can't determine how long i'll stay, no one wants to get stuck with 2extra ppl. I am young 22 most of my friends stil live@home, on campus that type of stuff. Another one of my aunts talked me into leaving my ex and coming to stay with here thats how I ended up @the shelter, she actually came and got me from my old apt&when her babydaddy/bf came in town she tried to put me off on her daughter who got laid off in feb, all b/c she made
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• arrangements for us to move in w/o consulting him, and he makes alot of money its his house and he don't want to feel like he paying bills to take careof other ppl.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Aug. 29, 2009