What do you think about cupcakes?

I've been thinking long and hard about finding a way where I was still able to work, but be home with my daughter & enjoy what I'd be doing at the same time. Then it hit me..CUPCAKES!! I want to make custom cupcakes. It's something I enjoy doing, I think I'm good at it, and I'd be able to make some income and be home with my daughter. Do you think it's a good idea and I should look more into it, or is it just a dream that won't go anywhere far?

piercedbeauty21

Asked by piercedbeauty21 at 11:14 AM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• mmmmm cupcakes i want some!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• It's a wonderful idea!  In fact, I have actually written several articles on starting a home based business that might help you.  You can check them all out at www.athome.yolasite.com.  

Cupcakes are fantastic.  It's something everyone enjoys!  Marketing them would be so easy.  Pass out flyers and business cards at school events too!! 

Good luck!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:17 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I have a friend that did just what you want to do, except she also did cakes. She started out by telling everyone on our hockey team e-mailing list and all her friends and went from there. She and her friend that she started it with are now going pretty good with their business and they enjoy it. What's not to enjoy... it's cupcakes. YUM!
    Just go for it. It's a fantastic idea! And people always need a good, yummy treat!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 11:38 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Remember that in most places, you'll need a health inspection of your baking area and a business license.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:45 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• great idea but make sure to have the proper licenses from the city, gov't and health and safety people.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:13 PM on Aug. 29, 2009