How much formula at a time should my baby get??

She's a month old (almost 5 weeks). I looking online and it said 4 oz at a time, but it seems like I'm wasting so much... sometimes she eats it all and sometimes she doesn't. When I first upped her amount she was eating it all, now she's not. What should I do? Should I just make her 3 oz each time and then another oz if she still wants it? I just feel like so much is being wasted and its so expensive.

Thanks!!

eab001

Asked by eab001 at 11:15 AM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter is 11 weeks and eats about 6 oz but sometimes if she only eats half and falls asleep they say that left out its good for anhour and maybe in that time he will want more.and if it you give him his formula room temp. then just take tge nipple off and wash it and put it in the fridge.just make sure you use it for the next feeding.the only thing about making less is that if he finishes by the time you make another oz. he may have lost interest.i only say that because i tried that too.youll figure out which way works best for you.:)
    1sttimer01

Answer by 1sttimer01 at 1:32 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• make 3 oz. then if she wants more make another oz. then keep going from there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I'm sure all the by the book bashers will comment to me here but, when my son didn't eat his whole bottle and had an ounce or 2 left I saved it. And he is 13 months old and healthy as can be. You could just make 3 oz and if more is needed make another oz. The guidelines they give you are averages. My niece is 11 months and still only eats 4 to 6 oz at a feeding of formula. Her little belly only holds that much.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:38 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Every child is different, if she wont' take 4oz then dont' make it. My son was up to 8oz of formula with enough cereal in it to spoon feed him by the time he was 8 weeks old, my daught NEVER took more than 6oz at a time.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:15 PM on Aug. 29, 2009