how can i make my babys stop crying faster???

i try alot of things but it takes hours to get them to bed or to take a nap.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• how old are you babies? What situation are they in at the time?
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 11:48 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Start a naptime/bedtime routine, start calming them down an hour before bed then give them a bath, read a story (Or 10 LOL) and then tuck them in. Routine is key.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 11:52 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I AGREE THAT ROUTINE IS KEY, BUT MAYBE A LITTLE SOOTHING MUSIC WOULD HELP, AND AS A ROUTINE, IT WOULD SIGNAL THE TIME TO SLEEP.

Answer by older at 11:58 AM on Aug. 29, 2009

• breastfeeding
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Try different ways of holding them. Try swaddleing and rocking. Try holding them close ans just calmly say shhhsshh over and over. try different lighting, different types of soothing music. Maybe they have gas so lay them on their back and raise their knees to their chest, do this every few seconds and if they fart, that was the problem. Also could be constipation, is their tummy hard?
    Are they teething? babies cry for a reason. I had a friend who's baby cried for 9 months straight and the Dr's found that he had a block in his intestine. He was in pain the whole time! poor little guy.
    Try everything and be calm about it or the baby will feel you tension and will make it worse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• "breastfeeding "

this is posted in 3-4... Um no..
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 6:30 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Tell them they can do something fun or have a yummy treat when they wake up. I always say to my two kids, "if you dont nap you dont play" because they get so grumpy and unbeariable when they dont nap.
    MommyTurtle1985

Answer by MommyTurtle1985 at 10:21 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I also tell my lil boy who is 4 that sleep and napping helps him grow bigger. He is into the Hulk and so he totally goes for they "grows bigger" part.
    MommyTurtle1985

Answer by MommyTurtle1985 at 10:23 PM on Aug. 29, 2009