What's been the scariest moment for you as a mother?

So far, I think my scariest moment was when my daughter got burned by hot sweet and sour sauce when we were eating Chinese. She was only three months old, and somehow she grabbed the bowl and dumped it on herself. She was fine all except for a 2nd degree burn on her arm. It's healed and there's no scar now, but UGH I felt like the worst mom ever. I was so scared that I had done permanent damage.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 11:57 AM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm pretty sure its when we were at Disney world and My dad and ma were watching the kids (all the grandchildren) N I heard my dad start screaming my sons name, he had lost him in the crowd. I started panicking and screaming I was hysterical...He ended up just a few feet away, standing there holding Mickeys hand...But that second felt like someone had stabbed me right in the chest.  Needless to say, I watched my son after that, He wasn't left alone with grandparents for awhile.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• When my 3 year old son disappeared for about three hours. When the police brought him home I found out he was wandering around a bowling alley about a mile from my house. An alert waitress noticed him and that he wasn't with an adult so she called the police. I had already called the police so they knew where to bring him. He's 23 now. Oh, and when he was in basic training and I got a call from someone at his base asking me where he was after Exodus. I took him to the airport but he didn't make it back to base. The guy asked me if I knew where he was and I said "You mean you don't know?" That was at 2am. At 3pm my son called and told me he'd gotten snowed in in Chicago. I cried so hard once I knew he was okay.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 12:06 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I was in my bed with my son he was 5 months old and I closed my eyes and between three seconds the baby felt from the bed I was so nervous my hands were shacking ...OMG I WAS SO SCARED I COULDN'T EVEN TALK...LOL
    MommyOfJayden23

Answer by MommyOfJayden23 at 12:06 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I think it was when my daughter was ten months old. She fell and hit her eye on a metal bed frame!! Her eye was fine, except for a huge purple bruise on her eyelid. That was so scary!!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 12:07 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• My son was 5 and chocked on a peppermint. My mom had given him one of the hard peppermints and it got stuck in his throat! We were at my dh's ex wife's house dropping off his daughters for the weekend. I remember my baby's face turning red and him trying to breathe and the sheer terror in his eyes. All I could do was scream and dh's ex brother in law ran out and did the hymelic (sp?) maneuver. It dislodged it but it wouldn't come up. He started breathing and we were on our way to the hospital to get it out when he threw up and it came up. I've never in my life been so scared in all my life! He's never had a hard peppermint again.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 12:10 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• To get a call from my son telling me he has had a wreck and his brother is hurt.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:00 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• The scariest thing I have to say so Far...which I pray nothing else in her Life will happen like that again!!!:) My DD was 6 months when she got RSV and I was so scared that I didnt think she would get through it! then there was another time that we went and Ate at the this place and I swear that she either got food poisoning or something..cause It started at night and She would Throw up ALL NIGHT...It was to the point were she couldnt throw up anymore! All she was doing was throwing up her Acid stuff in her belly and Oh my gosh I cried and Cried cause we keep calling the doctor and they said if it gets any worse bring her in and we did the next day and she had a Viris..so Thats why she was throwing up for 3 nights Straight! UGH..It was the worse time EVer that I have ever fellt cause they said since it was a Viris it had to run its course and Man did it! I wanted to take the pain away from her and I couldnt do anything!:)
    bonham

Answer by bonham at 1:10 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• whenever my baby was first born (only maybe 2 hours old) the nurse that was there when i delivered her said my daughter wasnt able to breath on her own and she wasnt doing very well. they had her hooked up to breathing machines and told me they were pumping blood out of her belly:( they also told me she had a virus in her lungs. i almost had a nervous breakdown. i couldnt stand or barley breath i was so scared. they flew her all the way across state while leaving me back at the hospital(terrible) only to find out thenext day after we drove the 3 1/2 hours to the hospital where she was flown, that the hospital where i birthed her at made a mistake..there was no virus, the slide they had put her blood on was already dirty form a previous baby that actually had a virus. she didnt need any assitance breathing once she was at children's and the blood was just left over form birth(no problem at all).scary times.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 2:48 PM on Aug. 29, 2009