When did you stop giving your baby actual 'baby food' and go to all 'table food'?

My daughter is eight months old. She has her top and bottom teeth, and she's starting to eat table food like cheerios and puffs and other easy to chew things. Thing is, I'm scared that she won't get enough to eat with just formula and table food alone. Is there a good way to phase out 2nd stage baby food and replace it with table food? She doesn't have good ways of showing when she's full. She could eat and eat until she puked if she had her way, haha.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 12:02 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As soon as he cut his first tooth. His first meal was meatloaf and rice with gravy all mashed together.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 12:11 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I think I bought stage 3 foods for two weeks, then decided "this is stupid" and started just giving her table food all the time. Once they're on stage 3, you can mash it or cut it up small.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:54 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Whenever you think your baby will be able to eat them, I started giving my babies regular oatmeal, mashed potatoes, yogurt and other soft foods when they were doing well with baby food, and then moved on to noodles and soft veggies. After they have a few teeth they can eat just about anything. I would avoid things like steak, raw veggies, and apples and grapes.
    CupOfJoy

Answer by CupOfJoy at 12:59 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• as soon as they had real teeth I let them start with mummums (not sure if thats just a canadian thing), cheerios and mushy fruits.

then branched out to real food shortly after.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:10 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I agree with SWasson! I didn't buy the stage 3 very long. It was stuff I could just make for her and it was usually close to what we were having for dinner any way.

Give her a bottle in the morning and one @nap time and one for/with a snack between lunch and dinner and then one before bed. This is what I did with 4 or 5 oz. bottles. She would get about 20oz. a day + the meals she would eat.
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 1:37 PM on Aug. 29, 2009