At what age is appropiate to let your son stat shaving facial hair?

My son is 14 will be 15 in 6 months. He has come to me asking to sshave so far I have said no. My hubby his stepdad says 17. I don't agree with that. I know the sooner they shave the more the hair grows back but what age would you let your son start shaving? No bashing just want honest opinions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Explain the responsibility to him and let him shave. I would let my 14 year old son shave if he wanted to. His hair is visible and I would allow him to if it helped him to be more confident in his appearance.

He is your son and you have to decide, but eventually he will do it.
    Tinamarie79

Answer by Tinamarie79 at 1:07 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I would say when he has visible hair. Some kids have it much younger than 17.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 12:13 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• My son does have some visible hair on his chin and a mustache.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I've heard the theory that the sooner they save the more hoar they will have is a myth. I would let my son shave if he wanted to, but it's up to you :)

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 12:16 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• He'll probably just do it anyways, so why not? Its' his face, let him do what he wants with it :)
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 12:21 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• My son is 17, and has been shaving for a couple of years....my other two sons didn't need to shave as soon. I think that if they have visible facial hair, and want to shave that it's just part of good grooming.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:32 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• By the way, my mother didn't want me to start shaving my legs and arms until I was older, I wanted to start shaving at 14 because I had light hair on my legs and arms, and when I tanned it would bleach out and be noticeable....my mom thought if I started shaving sooner it would grow in heavier. I shaved anyway, and still have very light hair growth on my legs and underarms. I would assume it would be similar with the face.....
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:35 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Uhhhhhh.....when they have to! I don't think we can pick the age...I think it depends on the person.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 12:42 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I think that when he starts growing facial hair is the age that he can start shaving it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Oh wow I didn't know that now there also are inapprobriate and approbriate ages for facial hair, geez really??
    stpalmsgirl

Answer by stpalmsgirl at 1:29 PM on Aug. 29, 2009