Until what age are u having ur baby in the crib? i saw a toddler bed and it read 2+

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Very dependent on the child. The general rule of thumb is to move them if they start to climb out of the crib or at 3, whichever comes first. My son climbed otu of the crib at 22 months so we moved him. We skipped the toddler bed and went directly to a regular bed (without the box spring mattress since he was too small to climb up). he wasn't quite ready for the move but eventually go the hang of it. Unless if becomes a safety issue, there really isn't any rush to move to a bed.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 3:21 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• my son moved to the toddler bed at 15 or 16 months
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 12:20 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Mine were in a crib until about 2... that was when they showed me they could escape. Then it was immediately on to a toddler bed.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 12:32 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I moved my DD into a toddler at 14mths. They have side rails and are low to the ground. My dd sleeps longer and better in it.
    Se-Se

Answer by Se-Se at 12:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• #1 loved her crib and kept climbing back in when we moved her toddler bed (we had both set up - no extra storage space and her room was big enough) - that was around 18mo. we eventually got rid of her crib at 2 1/2 or so.

#2 went from crib to twin bed at `18months - she didn't care really where she slept.

#3 was 18months too.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:00 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I moved my son at 14 months. He is 23 months now and we've had no problems. he loves his bed!
    AngelicaRenee

Answer by AngelicaRenee at 2:55 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I agree per the child. My oldest is 4 and we just had to bribe her out of her crib with a pretty new toddler bed (her crib was supposed to convert but she wasn't having it; lol) She never once tried to climb out of it; ever. And yet her sister who just turned 2 has been climbing out of hers for almost a month or so...so we've dropped everything in hers down so it's a toddler bed now too...

I agree w/ momofryan07 unless there's a safety issue or you need the crib for a new baby; no need to rush it =D
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 4:22 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• my daughter was out of the crib at 18 months as she knew to come to me when she got up and didn't cause trouble. i am hoping to keep my son in longer as he doesn't communicate as well and trouble comes looking for him.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 5:45 PM on Aug. 29, 2009