what eles can i do?

ok I am 21 weeks prego and went from 160 to 189 in my weight.. I have not been eating bad foods .. Alot of fruit I dont understand why i have gained this much weight and i still got 5months to go what eles can i do? Also I only drink water..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• wow...I'm 41 weeks and have only gained 26 lbs. I will tell you what my doctor told me. Many woman subconsciously eat WAAYY to much during the first few months of pregnancy, it is because they want to appear pregnant, so while MOST woman think there showing, really there just gaining to much weight to fast. This is why many woman come out of pregnancy 30,40,even 60 or more lbs bigger than what they went in at... Most doctors will tell you to only gain 25-30 lbs and 15 of that is baby by 40 weeks. For a week wright now EVERYTHING you put in your mouth, maybe you think your eating small amounts, or not alot, but the random snacking is more than you think it is. You don't want to be one of those woman who walk out of pregnancy 60 lbs heaver and never get it off.

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 12:24 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• JnCV OP here... What if im hungery i cant just let my baby go without right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Your not really eating for two- ask your doctor, a pregnant woman only needs 300 extra calories a day- You asked a question, I just answered it, I'm by NO means telling you to diet, or to stop eating. You want to know what to do just watch what you eat, you already gained 30 lbs hon, if you don't want to continue to gain MASSIVE amounts (because after week 35, you gain about a lb a week) start being more cautious now.

Cravings are not baby wanting food- Its your body lacking something.

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 12:31 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• If you're gonna gain weight, you're gonna gain weight...you're pregnant, there is not much you can do to stop the weight gain..yours and the babys health is all that should matter..sorry i cant be much health but congrats and good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• help not health..sorry
    Anonymous

• N to make it clear I was by NO means healthy or some health nut- LOL I am the COMPLEAT opposite, I weighed over 200 lbs when I got pregnant.

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 12:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• i gained 45 in my pregnancy and i definitely wish i would have gained less because it's sooo hard to get off! it sounds like you are eating healthy foods... my only idea would be to maybe try eating more often, in smaller amounts? like eat a little snack between meals, then maybe you will eat less overall and your baby won't go hungry. i agree with the other poster to try writing everything down. i lost 35 lbs before and i always wrote down everything i ate. try to write down the calories too. and here is a link about calories during pregnancy

http://www.mamashealth.com/pregnancy/pregcalories.asp

one more thing, do you get much exercise? obviously you don't want to overdo it, just going for a long walk in the evening would be great. of course if you already have a kid it makes everything harder!

i hope that helps!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Aug. 29, 2009