how soon after your c-section did you have your period? i had my son 5 weeks ago and started my period last night and its super super heavy and im cramping like crazy!!! is this normal for the first period to be this bad

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had heard it would be awful, but I lucked out. I didn't get my period until I got through the 28 days of my birth control, which was about 11 weeks after he was born. I started on it after my 6 week checkup. It was heavy but no heavier than it had been before I was pregnant. I'm also 38 though so there might be an age/hormonal difference.
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 12:41 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• mine was HORRIBLE! But the next periods for the following 3 months were only 3 days long and no cramping. Maybe you will get lucky and be like that... :) Good luck and congrats on your new lo! :)
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:52 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• After my c-section I had my period around 6 weeks later, and it was the worst period of my life, I actually went to the hospital because I thought something was wrong. They just told me to take some Ibuprofen. I think it is normal, and it got better after the first one.
    CupOfJoy

Answer by CupOfJoy at 12:55 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I didn't get mine until 6 1/2 months. Breastfeeding can keep you from getting it sometimes.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 7:19 PM on Aug. 29, 2009