Breastfeeding was easy!

So I was reading everyone's answers to another question earlier. I'm not bashing mothers that FF! But, everyone was saying breastfeeding is not easy and painful. My experience with it, my DD latched on right away and had no problems with it. It never hurt me and I never had dry, cracked nipples. She's 13 months old and I'm still doing it. I guess I just got lucky. Anyone else find that breastfeeding was very easy for them too?

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 12:39 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• good for freaking you. it was NOT easy for me pumped for 6 months to only ever get 1oz no one likes a bragger
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Yes I agree! The other big benefit is NOT having to make a bottle in the middle of the night. I would just snuggle up with my baby and nurse while we dozed. And it's so good for the Baby and Mom. I wouldn't have done it any other way. I cherish the memories. Our Babies are 13, 6 and 7.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:42 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• unlike the first poster i dont think your a bragger, congrats. for me i would say it was one of the worst experciences of my life one of my nipples got cracked and dried so bad it bled and my son lost weight cause i wasnt making enough. but im happy for all you mothers that can do it. wish i could have
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I don't judge anyone for the choices they make. What works for some doesn't work for others... We are all Moms doing the best we can. That's all that matters.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:50 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• #1 was easy

#2 was easy but it hurt

#3 was the most miserable painful experience of my life.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:52 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• it was hard for me but we're still going. If you can get through the first month you're good.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 12:53 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• What a blessing that you have had it so easy! That's great!

My first just wouldn't do it. I tried for about 3 months but she began losing weight.
    #2 was a bit difficult but I hung in there for 9 months
    #3 did pretty well, but was allergic to the protein in my milk so I only got to nurse him for 4 months
    #4 was the best one and she was a 23 week preemie! She latched on better than any of the others but, unfortunately, because I was in critical condition when they took her via emerg c-sect, my milk never came in more that about 1 oz at a time. Had to put her on a special formula for preemies and she stayed on that until she was 2 yrs old.

Hang in there and keep going as long as you can. You'll never regret this special time between you & your daughter!
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 1:16 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• It was very easy for me. The very first time there was a little pain, and never after that. I really liked the convenience and the feeling of closeness.

Answer by Bmat at 1:41 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• 1st dd ddint latch on so i pump and also gave formula
    2n ds latch only with a nipple shield. then he stop so now i pump for him 6 mts on pumping!!
    BF IS A PAIN IN THE ASS FOR ME!! BUT AM WILLING TO DO IT
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:54 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Good for you! I'm jealous. It wasn't easy for me and I ended up using formula becuase I was afraid to even hold my baby due to the pain! 2 of my coworkers were like you. They latched with ease and had no problems nursing or pumping.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Aug. 29, 2009