What can you tell me about facials?

My birthday is coming up, and I've always wanted to try getting a facial, so I think that's what I'm going to tell hubby I want.

Problem is, I know nothing about them. Is there just a basic facial, or are there different kinds? What would be the best for my skin type (see below)? How long does it take? What should it cost?

I'm 26 and never had problems with breakouts when I was a teen. I had very clear skin. Now, though, I get some breakouts and have blackheads and whiteheads. The only time I didn't have a problem is when I was pregnant, go figure. I have classic combination skin, with an oily T-zone and some dryness on my cheeks (especially if I go over board with the acne products).

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer!

kim71504

Asked by kim71504 at 1:04 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• As far as skin issues you tell the facial perosn. I love them, I pay about $50 and they rub my neck and sholders as well as clean out my pores and really moutuize my dry skin. I am so relaxed afterward it is fabulous, keep in mind the cleaning of the pores can make you a bit read so do it the day before or a few days before a big night. They are great, enjoy.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 2:06 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I just had my first facial, it was wonderful! Expect to pay about $50-$60, but you will be totally pampered, neck and shoulder massage as well. The individual doing the facial will use a very high powered mirror and light to squeeze out the whiteheads and blackheads, possibly a tightening mask and lots of different products. Enjoy!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 3:46 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I use Clean and Clear STEAM in shower facial. Its about $4.00 . Put it on when you get in the shower, leave it on for 1 min and then massage it into your face then wash it off. It Detoxifies, smooths and softens skin in your shower. How cool!!!!!!! I totally love it and it smells wonderful
    MommyTurtle1985

Answer by MommyTurtle1985 at 9:47 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (she uses Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:02 PM on Aug. 30, 2009